Rear brakes sticking w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scuba79

Car
E200
Alright lads , have a bit of an issue with W211 e200 .
Have replaced rear pads : disabled sbc , dismantled callipers . pushed piston back in , went back like a knife into butter on both sides. Re assembled , put some copper grease on the pads . Enabled Sbc. Went for a spin - whistle from rear brakes after few miles . Pulled in and checked - discs blue , callipers hot on both sides.
Dismantled all back again to double check. Pistons moving ok , nothing seemed to be seized. Took vehicle for a spin - still the same...
Had an error C249F OPERATING TIME OF COMPONENT A7 / 3 IS EXCEEDED (SBC HYDRAULIC UNIT) on before replacing the rear pads , thought that could be the problem.
Have the error in sbc sorted now ( reprogrammed with star )...sticky brakes still there...

Any suggestions lads ?

I have read this many many times, my local indy said they have had several issues too. Usually its due to pistons, they are actually 'bulged' a little (material is something non metallic stuff), which cause them jamming. My indy says when this happen, they usually just change calipers too.

I didnt have any fault codes, but did have a binding rear brake after someone had fitted new disc's and pads. Turned out the slider's had been greased. Did this and all was sorted.

Let me fix that for you :)

I didn't have any fault codes, but did have a binding rear brake after someone had fitted new disc's and pads.
Turned out the slider's hadn't been greased. Did this and all was sorted.

Always clean and lubricate the caliper sliders when changing pads/discs.

:)

lol Thankyou e270 its been a long day for me pmsl ;)

I didnt have any fault codes, but did have a binding rear brake after someone had fitted new disc's and pads. Turned out the slider's had been greased. Did this and all was sorted.

...have greased da be jesuss of everything that can be greased...still binding. The last thing would probably be the pistons :mad: ... just very strange that both of them started to misbehave since the pad change...
..will try and take pistons apart , clean and see if that helps before replacing them...:dk:

...alright chaps , meant to leave a update on this issue -- taken rear brakes apart for the 3rd time and have checked it once again... rebuilt it all back and took it for a spin...all the same , pads sticking whistling from rear as you go....
have decided to get new rear callipers but in a mean time kept on driving up to work and back like that for about a week ( 20miles up and down ) and the issue is gone ?!
Just to say I did try to bed the brakes in before and drove it quite hard , and overall since pad replacement and getting rid of this noise I probably put on about 300 + miles which leaves me only with one guess -- pistons on the way out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom