Rear bumper damage C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salder91

Car
Mercedes C220
Hi all, my first post, the other day I stupidly backed into my friend drive way gates leaving a bit of a hole in the rear bumper just to the bottom left above the exhaust. The car apart from that bump and scratch above appears fine drives/starts fine. Any idea if this can be repaired reasonably? Can a good body shop do the work at all? I confess my car knowledge is not good and I’ve never had an accident before so never used a body shop or anything like that. It’s a Mercedes C220 Image below has a picture of the damage.
407B24FD-3D4C-48A7-A722-C7646A157C75.jpeg

Any decent bodyshop should be able to fix that, looking at around £200-£300 I reckon.

That would be great if it’s the case, I spoke to somebody else who works in body repairs and he seems to be if they opinion that it needs to be a brand new bumper, which I assume can be very pricey?
Many thanks for your response

I wouldnt bother with that, check with breakers and get a 2nd hand one, then re-spray it if they claim it cant be fixed.

But first port of call should be trying a few body shops? Thanks.
sorry for my lack of knowledge, the thought Of trying to source a suitable second hand bumper or anything fills me with dread somewhat

That job falls into an "OhMeGawd fender bender" category with repairs under $1000 .
3M's Company USA had body shop tutorials on how to fix that.
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom