Rear Bumper Sill protector S212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charliecloud

Car
AMG E63 S212
Any recommendations for a rear bumper sill protector for the E63 wagon.
I would like something that blends in rather than a shiny stainless job.
Maybe something colour coloured abs ?
Any brands providing a quality product

I’ve used RGM Automotive on BMW successfully. They’re discreet, provide proper protection, and cover unsightly cracking caused by (previous) owners

Quality and simplicity of application is excellent.

I’ve also used clear bespoke PPF film on my son’s BMW X3, but I don’t have that brand name to hand. I can search for it if you’re prioritising invisibility over protection.

Here’s the RGM product:

RGM ABS REARGUARD RBP491 - E Class W212T Touring SE /AMG Line (11.2009>3.2013) - RGM Automotive

736F36E2-69FE-4C6E-A8D2-89EC72A1AAE3.jpeg

Any recommendations for a rear bumper sill protector for the E63 wagon.
I would like something that blends in rather than a shiny stainless job.
Maybe something colour coloured abs ?
Any brands providing a quality product

Are you 100% you don't already have a fold-out bumper protector built in?

I lifted up my boot floor the other day when I was doing a bit of deep clean and found that there was a vinyl bumper protector tucked away underneath. The far end is help up by magnets; pull it free and it folds out over the bumper. It only took me 5 years to find it....I don't know if they all have it or it's because mine had the what's-it-called load pack option; rails, bars and a folding crate.

This is just a pic off Google but this sort of thing;

bumper.jpg

This is what I have in 2012 S212. It looks factory but I suppose may not be.

bumper protector.jpg

In a moment of weakness a when I though I might be old enough for an estate (it passed!!)....the one I looked at had that feature....looked factory to me.

LOL......

I have just checked, definitely don't have that, have a crate but no rails or bars.

Maybe it came with the other stuff. I seem to remember it came with the "Storage Pack" or something.

The clear plastic protector is the neatest solution, this is second best but should hopefully protect my newly-painted bumper on holiday....

(Definitely revealing my age here...) I always keep a tartan rug on the floor of my boot, just to make it easier and quicker to clean.

When loading and unloading bikes, I just made sure that there was some loose to flop across the bumper.

Works for bikes and the mistakes you expect to make.

But not for the dippy American visitor who drags her hard sided roller bag across the bumper without thinking.

(Definitely revealing my age here...) I always keep a tartan rug on the floor of my boot, just to make it easier and quicker to clean.

When loading and unloading bikes, I just made sure that there was some loose to flop across the bumper.

Works for bikes and the mistakes you expect to make.

But not for the dippy American visitor who drags her hard sided roller bag across the bumper without thinking.

Yeah, must admit I've dragged the odd bike pedal across the bumper.

My wife, daughter and all merrily drag their luggage over it; hard, soft, with wheels or not.....

I have a additional Mat in the boot from MB which can be flipped carpet one side and a ridged rubber material on the other, its a perfect fit and allows the use of the tie hooks and keeps the proper carpet protected (ocd trigger) , it also has a velcro strip to allow a bumper flap to be used as well but I didnt bother with that bit, the Mat was £140 from the dealers.
I did have a stainless protector fitted but it proved to be non stainless and rusted after a while on the edges, I do have another here they sent FOC to replace it but am thinking of Helicopter tape instead

I'm looking for a protector for top of bumper for the A207 E class convertible I would like a nice polished aluminum or Stainless one (I like Bling), is the rear bumper shared with other Mercedes body's as I am struggling to find polished aluminium?

I'm looking for a protector for top of bumper for the A207 E class convertible I would like a nice polished aluminum or Stainless one (I like Bling), is the rear bumper shared with other Mercedes body's as I am struggling to find polished aluminium?
This is honestly a guess but I would say its totally different as its based on a coupe so has a different platform, however you can get a plastic one for about £25.00 it may be worth getting one as a test fit and to see if it can be modded to work before you splash out on a stainless one, please ensure they are using decent stainless however the cheaper ones tend to rust on the edges after a few months

Depending on the level of protection you are after this might do.
How does that fit is it under the lift up floor, I seem to have a piece of plastic there that runs across the car and looks to be moulded to accept something being slid in like a flap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom