Rear Bumper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QUTSELL

Car
Mercedes C180
Short story. I bought the car never noticed the rear Bumper had been in a shunt holding clips broken so the bumper out of alignment or the rear lens was broken. (Bought car backed against the wall URRRRRRRRRRRR) anyhow its finally got the better of me, so check with Merc £580-20p so start checking with breakers, first of all, a nightmare to locate one that fits this model C Class 2009. Then when you find hopefully one that fits, the prices vary, then they state that some of the holding clips are broken so back to were I am at present. I leave messages to call me back, still waiting, if I cannot find one and this gets me it's off to Mercs.

Anybody had this problem, I look on E Bay for the rear bumper, no problem few on there. So most part nos start 204 code for the model? then 880 XXXXXXX looking at them the defuser/bumper are the same as with our car single exhaust but the last numbers after the 880 vary, colour code ?. So without taking a chance any ideas help I would be grateful

I have a 2011 w212, so same as 2009. I don't know if that helps, but I'm just stating it's a similar vintage.

I've had my rear bumper dis-assembled and resprayed off the car (after small plastic weld and fill), and on the w212, the exhaust trim/tips unbolt, and the rear diffuser is riveted on. The rivets can be easily drilled out, but secure a thick towel or similar behind the rivet whilst drilling to protect anything delicate behind if necessary.

Call MB Grangemouth parts department with your VIN/reg No. and ask to see if they can give a discount on only the bumper bit you need if you give your forum username.

Get a couple of independent non-Merc quotes to have the bumper sprayed and assembled and put back on the car. I would expect £300 for the work plus the bumper. This will be the cheapest way to ensure a quality job with the correct bumper.

Anything else with used parts risks a lot of faffing around and possible wasted time plus risk of partially broken parts in my opinion and experience.

As a further example, I bought a front wheel arch liner for £54 new from MB Grangemouth; 9 year old lightly damaged front arch liners were £49.99 from breakers.

Many thanks for the info, I'm sure you are right, when Mesabi has accepted the writing on the wall I`ll press on Thanks again Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom