Rear camber bolts help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A1EK

Car
Mercedes SL 3.7L AMG Speedshift - (Past: CLK 230, 190E, W201, W203)
Guys

Can anyone tell what the bolts are for reducing the rear camber? I have the 'V-Groove camber bolts on the front, but I would like to reduce the rear negative camber too as I am getting wear on the inside of my rear tyres.
Interestingly I have had my car lowered for years and used to get a little amount of wear on the inside of my rear tyres, but recently the wear seems worse? perhaps its the brand of tyres I have ?

Hi,
I'm reasonably sure the CLK 208 is only adjustable for toe on the rear, though I "think" there is a member on an American forum that has custom made some adjustable arms which will do it.
If the tyre wear has increased what has changed? worn springs/shocks/bushes maybe? When did you last have a four wheel alignment done? If the front alignment is wrong this can increase the wear on the rear tyres.

Kmac do a range of camber bush arrangements for the rear...

The real issue is highly likely to be the toe link bushes seizing up, and not returning to the correct position after movement of the suspension.

Thus the rear toe is now putting the rear wheel/s in too much of a 'toe out'
position, and causing the inner edge wear.

I had to cut my links off with a hacksaw, and new toe links solved the problem.

Is the wear graduated or confined to the very inside, say 10% of the total tyre width?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom