Rear camera interference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
Have just fitted a rear view camera to my w204 andon testing it pick the power up from the battery. Now it's all fitted went to wire in the supply. I fitted the ground to one of the main grounds where the rearfusebox is fitted and then was gonna 'piggy back ' off the rear light cluster for the reverse signal/power . When the camera was supplied across the battery the picture was great but when it's connected to the rear reverse cluster the picture is just flicking . I tried putting the ground stright to the battery but its where I pick up the supply from is causing the problem. Could I be getting interference from the Sam module ???

Thanks

Paul

The rear light is fed from the SAM which is voltage controlled, so battery voltage is higher, and this is possibly your issue.

The genuine MB kit has 2 advantages
a) It has a power feed from the fusebox, and a feed from the reversing light - so "clean" high quality power feed
b) It has a separate power-supply / isolating unit between the COMAND and the camera which protects the COMAND.
Of course the disadvantage is cost :-(

Richard

The rear light is fed from the SAM which is voltage controlled, so battery voltage is higher, and this is possibly your issue.

The genuine MB kit has 2 advantages
a) It has a power feed from the fusebox, and a feed from the reversing light - so "clean" high quality power feed
b) It has a separate power-supply / isolating unit between the COMAND and the camera which protects the COMAND.
Of course the disadvantage is cost :-(

Richard

Thanks Richard to get round it i've pick up a suppy that is an ignition swiched one so the camera is powered whist it's running. This will get me out of trouble untill i can source a 2nd hand camera/ kit

What the heck is that ? Looks like the message found on the ww2 carrier pigeon in the old chimney

Ok i have now got the 2 wiring looms and the isolator which protects the command unit from the camera, which are on there way from Mercedes does anybody have the installation instructions for the wiring please??? or could point me to someware that has got them. I've looked through google for the last 3 hours and can't find nothing:(

Thanks

Paul

When wiring arrives, it's obvious how to wire it. There's a coax to the comand, ground, power from fuse box in boot and the last wire goes to the reverse light

R

When wiring arrives, it's obvious how to wire it. There's a coax to the comand, ground, power from fuse box in boot and the last wire goes to the reverse light

R

Thanks Richard so the supply get picked up from the rear Sam module??? Is there a special place where you pick it up from and is it easy thesee where it goes??? I know I asked this before and I believe you told me that there are two supply's or it's picked up from somewhere as a 'clean' supply or does the isolator unit clean the supply to the camera???

Thanks

Paul

ok looms and the modulator come to day the main loom looks ok but a couple of questions :-
1 : Does it come from the command unit down the RH side of the car ????
2 : Also is the Modulator located on the RH side near the SAM Module or is it fitted on the LH side????
3 : Is the loom to the camera ran up the LH or Rh of the Boot as the loom looks very long to run up the RH side,
4 : Lastly Where do I pick up the reverse connection from the tail light ???

thanks

Paul

ok camera in but one big problem. The camera supply is meant to be from fuse 84 with a 7.5A fuse but I have no receptacle in it to supply one side of the fuse I only have the 'supply' in fuse numbers 81 and 82 so does that mean I have to buy a new sam unit or is there another way to feed the camera or could I just feed it from fuse 81 or 82??

thanks

paul

anybody?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom