Rear child seats w124 Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swa65

Car
E300D 1995
Hi there, first time I have posted. Here goes.

Has anyone out there got a 124 estate with the 7-seat conversion grey triangle cloth interior, that doesn’t really use them? Kids now flown the nest etc.

(I know it’s a long shot!)

Was planning to buy a 7 seater as the misses is expecting our 4th little rascal next month. Time flies. But couldn't resist the 95 E300D back in November was a bargain. I thought I would have loads of time to find the rear child seats well in time for the little ones arrival. But here I am panicking with 4 weeks to go.

Apart from spending silly money with ‘luxury7’ or finding blue or red ones in Scotland on eBay, thought this might be an idea. If there’s anyone out there that would be up for doing an exchange of all necessary boot interiors, mine is in very good condition. And of course some pennies. The misses and I would be well chuffed.

Any other avenues where we might be able to get our hands on some would of course be well appreciated.

Afraid I cant help with your problem apart from suggesting a Merc breakers. Oh and by the way, welcome to us lot. :D

You will need the boot floor panels (so they will need to be grey carpet), the seat squab & back, the belt anchor, the squab retaining clip, the belts, the trim for the belt slots, all the bolts and the pull strap for the tailgate. You don't need the rear quarter panels as you can cut the belt slots in your existing ones. Don't buy a 7-seat kit unless you get all the parts!

The toughest bit of the installation is fitting the n/s/r belt reel without putting a dink in the body panel

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Hi

I have a surplus set of rear seats after converting over to MB Tex. Dont have the belts or the side panels though, guy on ebay was to send them but didnt.

Sounds great, what exactly have you got and what colour are the seats etc.

Many thanks

Simon

Hi

I have the seat bottom with no floor pannel, the seat back c/w floor panel, oh and they are grey from a 93 300TD.

Unfortunately the floor panels are different on the 5-seater and the 7-seater. It is remotely possible to convert the panels but I suspect it's not worth the hassle

The squab & backrest cushions do still have value, though, particularly for when you can get a 7-seat kit but it has the wrong material

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Hi

I was converting an original 7 seater from cloth to Tex and was only supplied the seat base and the seat back c/w floor panel and it didnt matter to me. If the floor panels are a different size(5/7 seat) then there could be a problem although i think they are made of plywood.

Hi Nick,

Have you had a look to see whether you have got a kit that would fit and have all the necessary bits and bobs?

Thanks

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom