Rear Diff Plug part numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
I have just tried to order some diff oil and the drain and fill plugs from MB of Newcastle, However they are unable to find the plug part numbers and also they say I need 1 little of the diff oil, could someone please confirm the part numbers and how much oil I need as I'm sure I read 1.1ltr's are require

Thanks

Paul

Chassis :WDD204025A387446

The plugs are : A3529970032
I think you need over 1L of oil.

Looks like it's 1.2 litres.

Is your VIN correct? Seems like you have a digit missing

I bought 2L and gave it to my garage to change while they were doing another job on my 211. The guy said it took most of the oil so somewhere between 1.5 and 2 litres.
Fuchs TITAN SINTOPOID FE SAE 75W-85 it was, bought it from mytyres, much cheaper than MB.

I haven't done my diff yet but when I looked into it Fuchs TITAN SINTOPOID FE SAE 75W-85 was on of the very few MB approved oils. I've got 1 L written down but that's for a W204. The manual box is 1.2 L and a different oil again.

I've changed the diff oil on my 190E and the W213 and they both took over 1 litre. Not much over, but enough to justify buying more than one.

Got to ask, why the need for new plugs? Just that they're not usually a serviceable item unless they've been chewed up in the past...

Chassis :WDD2040252A387446 (missed a '2' out ) have been looking around and the amount of oil required depends on my diff size so ranging from .8 -1.2 ltrs .

Was gonna buy a plug just in case one gets buggered when its done

Thanks Guys

Get yourself a magnetic plug (very cheap on Ebay), it's a tried and tested way of extending the Diff's life...

Get yourself a magnetic plug (very cheap on Ebay), it's a tried and tested way of extending the Diff's life...

Do you have any links for theses??

Paul

Is the standard plug not magnetic ?

The stock plug on my motorcycle final drive is magnetic and it does pick up a fine metal sludge over time so worthwhile if they are not standard fitment.

No, the standard plug is not magnetic, which seems to be a bit penny-pinching.

This is a link to a magnetic one on ebay BUT I MUST STRESS THAT I DON'T REMEMBER IF IT'S M16 OR NOT.....you will have to check, or just buy a M16 and M14 one as insurance, they're cheap enough after-all...

M16 x 1.5 Colorful Aluminum Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Bolt Sump Nut | eBay

No, the standard plug is not magnetic, which seems to be a bit penny-pinching.

This is a link to a magnetic one on ebay BUT I MUST STRESS THAT I DON'T REMEMBER IF IT'S M16 OR NOT.....you will have to check, or just buy a M16 and M14 one as insurance, they're cheap enough after-all...

M16 x 1.5 Colorful Aluminum Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Bolt Sump Nut | eBay

if you google the plug part number on ebay it come up as m24 :eek: so not sure if this is correct. I will have to get under the car to have a quick look when the rain stops. Does anyody know what spec oil I need, As just got a replt from Newcastle benz via ebay and for 2Ltrs they want £75:wallbash::wallbash:

85/90 on ebay is £20 for 5 litres.

Last edited:
if its like the w211 rear diff itll be more like m24 , they are as big as an old 10p coin . what grade oil do you need as i bought 5 litres of 85/90 for about £20 on ebay . youll also need a diff plug socket to remove them also a syringe to fill , try to loosen the fill plug before attempting the empty plug. on refit just a gentle nip up will do or you might crack the transfer case.

yes it does seem that its an m24 (still raining at the mo)but just not sure on the spec oil as some list 75/85 and others 85/90 If it has to meet 235.7 spec then it can only be 75/85 and the Fuchs TITAN SINTOPOID FE SAE 75W-85 would be the one to go for and only £24 for 2litrs delivered

I'm going for Fuchs TITAN SINTOPOID FE SAE 75W-85 as when you look at Mercedes preferred oils if you put in 'rear axle' it only lists 235.7 and this is on the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom