rear discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ken crosley

Car
1994 c180. bmw 1.8is coupe honda cbr 600
help need new handbrake shoes. how the hell do i best get the rear discs off. have tried penetrating oil.big hammer. will heat be any good?? thanks in anticipation kc. handbook crap

you have to release the hand brake shoes first. You place a screwdriver through a wheel stud hole at 2 oclock (the position not the time lol) feel for the ratchet and work it free. I have a drawing somewhere if it would be of any use to you?

Moved to wheels and tyres. I know it's not actually related to wheels or tyres, but it's closer than "general discussion" :)

ian i know all that i have got free running discs my question is how do you get the disc off is seems to be bloody welded on brother in law a mechanic says they rust on and very often the disc breaks banging them off (still they have to come off)

The disk is Grey Cast Iron and quite mallable for a casting. Just an Idea, how about applying Freezer spray (obtained from your local plumbers merchants or dare I say B&Q ) to the disk rather than the shaft that the disk sits on. The contraction may just break the rust seal without harming the disk itself?

*edited thought* you have removed the alan screw from the disk?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom