Rear disks and pads replacing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Datadogie

Car
C180 Komp 2005
Dry outside today so thought I would get on with this job.
Turned out to be a breeze dismantling the pads caliper and disk. But thinking this is an automatic I will not need parking shoes. How wrong could I be. They were falling to bits. Luckily our Autoparts is open a few hours on Sunday so managed to get new shoes. When fitting I somehow managed to break the spring that holds the shoes flush. To late to get new ones from shop. So had to fit without till (hopefully) Wednesday when a kit will arrive courtesy of eBay. The new disks were stiff to fit over the new shoes even with everything backed off so hoping this will not be a problem and work their way loose after a bit. Either that or I will ned to get going with some sandpaper.

Had a thought with the tight shoes. Rather than sand the pads down. What if I filed a bit off the elbows? The bits that fit in the adjuster or the other end. I'm guessing the problem might be different brands of disk and shoes.

The turnbuckle ( the bit the cable pulls on) will be seized and not returning fully.

Thanks for suggestion. Will give that a spray with WD40 to see if it loosens up when the new springs arrive.

Normally have to take them off and give them a thorough clean and free off.

Thought I'd post a picture of the shousI took off. Look in a sad state.

Attachments

• 20190410_184222.jpg
    20190410_184222.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom