Rear end impact on the Brabus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
Well just 3 days after i secured a deposit for the Brabus some **** drives straight into it :mad:
As i'm no longer insured on the vehicle my dad uses the car occasionally and wwnt to see an old friend in Harefield. The car was parked next to the kerb outside on the street with its side parking light on as it was late evening. Half an hour later he hears a loud bang and the car is no longer in front of the house he was in but 2 houses down in a little ditch! :eek:
The 3rd party admitted liabilty straight away and apologised and explained how he did not simply see the car. He swapped insurance details and waited for a tow truck to recover his vehicle (Vauxhall Zafira). By the state of his vehicle, if he was carrying a passenger i doubt they would have escaped without serious injury.
What seemed like a simple rear end repair was not the case when they pulled it out of the ditch. Here's a list of the damage:

Rear bumper
bootlid
rear lights
cross member and boot floor
Scratches down the passenger side of the vehicle (branches of trees)
Front bumper (most of it fell off)
Bonnet
Passenger wing
Front Lights
Damage to radiator and oil cooler
Both side skirts are damged (passenger side is completely off and in 2 pieces)
Dent in roof (tree branch)
Cracked windscreen
kink in the driver's side rear 3/4 panel (possibly due to chassis twist???)

Most of the damage was done when pulling the car out of the ditch. It required 2 tow trucks!
I'm not a very happy man at the moment, especially after i had a buyer for top money. I doubt they can repair it as Brabus no longer manufacture the bodykit so looks like its a write off. The next problem is the insurance company valueing the car...... :(

Attachments

• DSC00251.JPG
    DSC00251.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC00266.JPG
    DSC00266.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC00250.JPG
    DSC00250.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Oh Man !!! :(

Im so , so very sorry for you ........

don't let them write it off, put an AMG kit on it or something ......

Its too beautiful a car to not have it on the road , although the piccys look nasty .......

H

Shit!

That sucks real bad. To happen at all is bad, but the timing is terrible. Hope you get the valuation agreed OK.

Bet the other driver didn't realise the rarity of your car - I hope you pointed it out!!

But if they do, why not buy it back and repair it as a project ? AMG body kit, no one will know the difference.....

I hope to christ they dont ........ :(

Theres a lot of damage....

Attachments

• DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC00249.JPG
    DSC00249.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC00260.JPG
    DSC00260.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 352
sorry to hear abt ur bad luck dude

And more...

Attachments

• DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC00256.JPG
    DSC00256.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 349
Apart from structural damage, the manifold is leaking, the exahust has cracked in places, oil is dripping out of the cooler, the radiator is leaking.....
Lancaster insurance have been great, a courtesy car was outside at 10, a Vauxhall Astra and they have promised to have the car assessed by mid next week.

Last edited:
Holy Smokes!
Very sorry for you mate, hope you can repair it, its too rare to be lost.

The problem was the Zafira got underneath the Merc and carried it through the ditch. Otherwise it would just have been a rear impact damage. It will take alot of work and money to repair it, but then again if the costs are under £15k they will repair it. Fingers crossed.

I'm so very sorry to see and hear that - a terrible waste of a beautiful car. :(

With regards to the repair costs, surely with that much damage (and structural issues) would it not be cheaper and easier to re-shell it (find a cheap 300CE or whatever). If the insurance company write it off it would be a good project as I doubt the salvage would be valued very high by most people?

I hope it gets sorted out properly to your satisfaction.

Will

Bloody hell!! :eek: He didn't just tap it did he - he walloped it :mad:

Bad luck mate!

How fast was he going?!? Sorry to hear the bad news :(

Really bad news mate. :devil: :devil:

Hope you get it sorted soon, to your satisfaction. I assume you have lost the buyer? :devil:

So So Sorry for you. What a waste of a stunning car! It looks like a write off for sure :mad: I can only imagine what you must feel like and hope that you get the payout it deserves. With any look the fact that you have a buyer with an agreed price and deposit paid should aid any payout.

KLP
That looks really sad and certainly a lot of damage to repair. As you said the side kink is bad news.

You just weren't meant to have that car. :(

Its a Brabus :)
Its a Coupe :)

I am crying here :mad: . Both of my favorite cars in one and some idiot decides to drive into it. To me, from the pics, I would say its new shell time. Although if you are going to dispose of it I know a good home :D

On a serious note I truly am sorry to see and hear of this shunt, I would, being me, take offending driver and explain to him in words and actions the severity of his lack of attention. :mad:

What a shame - what a waste

If they write it off, I'll buy it back for the salvage value and use my shell :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom