Rear end shunt, driver's electric seat stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flowman

Car
S320cdi 2003
After a rear end shunt (only slight cosmetic damage) the driver's electric seat memory was lost and the seat will no longer move backwards. The passenger side is fine, all other driver's side functions work (forward, up, down, tilt back, tilt forward) but the seat will not go back.
I have only just enough legroom to drive the car after the memory button almost pushed me into the steering wheel! So any help would be appreciated.
I think there is a control box or relay in the boot near the spare wheel, maybe a solder has been broken.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Flowman

Even a small shunt passes a surprising amount of energy through the car.

I would check the electric motor connections under the seat. I presume the seat has three memory settings, will none of them move the seat rearwards?

The switch itself would be another place I'd look. On my car the switches for both seats are a bit temperamental and sometimes need to be 'jiggled' a bit.

Thanks, I daren't check any of the other memory buttons as I have about 1mm of legroom to spare. I have a mobile auto electrics guy coming tomorrow so I will see what he can do. I will post if he finds a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom