Rear ended - roof stopping halfway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe I do have to advise my insurers as checked this a couple of years ago when someone left their handbrake off in a car park and it rolled into me....by the way. I am not accident prone as these are the only 2 “crashes” in the last 25 years..
Ronnie.

Both "accidents" were not down to you. Your record is unblemished 👍

I hope it goes smoothly.

David

Ronnie.

Both "accidents" were not down to you. Your record is unblemished 👍

I hope it goes smoothly.

David
I like the sound of that “Unblemished Record” haha
Unfortunately, my insurance co did not consider that when significantly bumping up my premium following the “car park” incident..

OP , your car does have a roll over bar.

This EXACT thing happened to a bloke I sort of know from my local pub (remember them ?) he had a 2005 350SL and was hit from behind when stationary by a tiny car travelling at very low speed. He showed me the photos of the back of his car = zero visible damage .

BUT , from what I can remember he had to have something re set on his car regarding the roll over system , I can , not for the life of me remember what it was but I am sure it effected the roof operation and in the end was no big deal.

The problem is I don't have his contact details and the only place we ever bumped into each other was in my local........I have not seen him since the pub's shut .

Have you had any codes read.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for that..hopefully it is something as simple as that...
Nothing coming up on the display...

Hi Ronnie , I would advise that you inform your insurance without delay.

If the third party informs his insurance company of the accident and your insurance funds out (and they will ) the problems for you could be endless.

If you don't tell your insurer your insurance most probably could be null and void.

Thanks Boyland, have now advised Insurers as the 3rd party is proving to be a little stubborn in even providing their insurance details.

I suggest that you try and get from your insurer the name of the other-party's insurer, then claim directly off the other-party's insurer (I am guessing that their client didn't inform them of the incident). You then let your own insurer know that you want this incident logged as 'notification only' and that you don't want them involved any further in this claim.

This will be the better option for you - I.e. dealing directly with the other-party's insurer.

This might prove impossible, however, in the event that the other-party's insurer informs you that their client denies ever hitting your car, or if you simply can't get the name of the other-party's insurer - in which case you'll need to go through your own insurer.

The risk in doing so, however, is that the result might not be as good as you would have hoped it to be... because your insurer has the right to settle on your behalf whether you agree to it or not.

Informed my insurers and advised “notification only”.
Will push 3rd party for details and probably give the insurers a call to see how they want to play it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom