Rear Ender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tambyrne

Car
C200 Elegance
Last week I was travelling as a passenger in a friends Volvo C60, Nice bright sunny day.
Up ahead of us a black Clio suddenly stopped to turn right into a Mcdonalds niether myself or my mate saw tail lights till the last minute and rear ended the Clio. Niether of us were injured as it was a fairly low speed dunt, but chappie in Clio complained of neck pain so we called the ambulance and police. When the police arrived and took statements the traffic cop stated that the lights on the Clio were illegal as they were blacked out. When the cop told noddy in the Clio that he was getting a FPN for the lights he got out the car and started jumping about like a loon, Neck pain disappeared suddenly.
Friend called today and told me that his insurance company was holding the other driver at fault due to the illegal lights, apparently noddy was only insured TPFT. Very little damage to the Volvo but Clio has a rearranged rear end.

Quite rightly so and another good example of why people should adhere to the construction and use regulations .

Nice outcome by the sounds of it, good to hear no one was hurt of course (Bar the clio man's 'painful' neck of course lol). Your friend must be a happy chappy right now ;)

......chappie in Clio complained of neck pain so we called the ambulance and police.

You OUGHT to have called the Fire Service if he was complaining of neck pain .

Two reasons :-

Firstly and foremost , they would have cut his car up and extricated him on a spinal board to keep his neck immobilised . Even in the case of fake neck pain , his protestations will be ignored and his car will still be cut up as the crew commander is not going to risk legal action if injuries manifest later :devil:

Secondly - if you call either of the other emergency services , they don;t notify the others , but if you call the Fire Service , we notify the Police and Ambulance services for you - if they are needed .

Probably some wee ned from St Ninians or somewhere!

Where do you live? I'm from Stirling but moved to the Lakes around 8 years ago

I'm from Falkirk , lived most of my life in Bo'ness , now in Ayrshire .

Isn't Raploch the worst area ? 'Big Mags' and all her clan ?

When i said Stirling, i meant the Raploch! Big Mags and her clan were over publicised, they never bothered us one bit. All my family on my dads side are from Bo'Ness although i dont really remember them, do you know any Ure's?

I know the name , but don't know any of them ( Other than Midge , but not personally ) , think there was a Tam Ure but not sure .

My sister might as she seems to know everyone in the town !

Your friend has been lucky the police spotted them, very lucky.

What McDonalds in Dunfermline was it where he turned right into??? :confused:

I'm from Falkirk , lived most of my life in Bo'ness , now in Ayrshire .

Isn't Raploch the worst area ? 'Big Mags' and all her clan ?
Live in Alloa, Haney clan now reside here due to being hounded out of Stirling,

Halbeath at the roundabout to the retail park. Assumed he was going to Macdonalds as he was driving a Clio.

The one turning right into Focus? or the one into Asda? Both are reasonably big roundabouts - did he stop in the middle of the roundabout then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom