Rear facing child seats W211 stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jellybelly

Car
2003 E class 320cdi estate
After a fruitless couple of hours searching for a solution, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this on their rear facing child bench seats in the boot. They're stuck at a 45 degree angle, Duke of York for the non technical types like myself...the added tale of woe is that I think my battery is about to implode...any thoughts/help/abuse warmly welcomed.

It was the backrest. It seems to be impeded by the lip of the bottom section. It only movers a couple of centimetres in either direction.

I think it is time for the rubber mallet and crow bar...then I will go and have another look...

I've had to get to grips with a modern child seat for my new granddaughter. Some times the seat won't separate easily from the base until the seat is tilted forward to the normal position.

I can confirm that lots of silicone spray and brute force eventually shifted the offending backrest. It appears not to have damaged things much but there now a little gap between the sections. It did allow me to get to Halfords to get a new battery. However following fitting by a spotty youth I had to drive through the Clyde Tunnel with RED warnings STOP immediately and chimes every alternate second :wallbash:

Off to electrical section to see if I can find an inexpensive solution to this...

An call into Deutchtek Garage in Glasgow first thing and they very helpfully took the car in and cleared out the fault code with their STAR machine. Top service chaps no warning pinging and STOP Car flashing at me know and a happy SBC pump whirring away.

However back to the original post, there is now a gap in between the rear facing seats now of about a inch, which I can't remember being there previously (it could be old age but then again my 6 yr old couldn't remember either). Do any seven seater owners have a gap between the back rest and seat bench or have royally knackered it with the application of brute force? :dk:

There should be no gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom