Rear Facing Speed Cameras in Police Cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sadly there isn't, so you'll have to fall back on your command of the English language.

Fortunately mine is somewhat more respectful than yours....

The d**khead in the Q7 deserves to be penalised.

Silly comments... have no place in a thread of this nature.

...because they were caught in some way or another committing a crime. Speeding is a criminal offence...

Speeding is indeed a criminal offence, but it is not a crime.

A marked or unmarked police car will be travelling perfectly legally at above the speed limit without blue lights while following a speeding car to measure its speed.

It is down to the police officers to asses if travelling at high speed without the blue lights on is apropriate and safe in the circumstances.

In fact it is quite possible that the police car accelerated to follow a speeding vehicle, a pursuit they had to abandon due to the Audi driver's behaviour.

Last edited:
As for entrapment or 'baiting'....

My understanding of the term is that it means tempting or encouraging others to engage in illegal activity with the intention of catching them while they offend.

For this to be even remotely relevant here, the police officers would need to have reason to believe that by speeding they were encouraging otherwise law-abiding members of the public to follow suit.

I expect the police officers thought anything but... they probably looked at the Audi in the rear view mirror with a mixture of bewildermient and disbelief, if anything.

If RWDpetrol considers this to be entrapment because his first instict upon being overtaken by a speeding marked police car is to speed-up and tailgate them, then he must be in a (very tiny) minority.

For me a couple of things spring to mind:

1. Two wrongs don't make a right.

OR

2. It seems Q7 exhibited such incredibly stupid behaviour that I look for another explanation - both vehicles could be 'police' vehicles, and they were doing some sort of exercise, and pulled in to have a face to face recap of events.

I was talking about 'dislike' option on the forum. Do you just enjoy lecturing all the time?

There is no lecture, just your interpretation of something that is contrary to your own view.

Virtually every reply to your postings here has held a contrary view, many that have not posted have "liked" those views. You, however seem to think that you have special skills that should allow you to ignore speed limits, at least that is how your posts on here and in other threads comes across.

If you wish to ignore speed limits, as many of us do at times then go ahead, but when you are caught take the consequences like a man and please stop whinging on about how such laws are unfair.

It seems Q7 exhibited such incredibly stupid behaviour that I look for another explanation - both vehicles could be 'police' vehicles, and they were doing some sort of exercise, and pulled in to have a face to face recap of events.

I think I have a more plausible explanation.

Over time I've found that if faced with some form of human behaviour that on the surface seems inexplicable, baffling or just plain stupid, applying Rule No. 1 very often will make it all clear.

Rule No. 1.

Most people are idiots.

There is no lecture, just your interpretation of something that is contrary to your own view.

Virtually every reply to your postings here has held a contrary view, many that have not posted have "liked" those views. You, however seem to think that you have special skills that should allow you to ignore speed limits, at least that is how your posts on here and in other threads comes across.

If you wish to ignore speed limits, as many of us do at times then go ahead, but when you are caught take the consequences like a man and please stop whinging on about how such laws are unfair.

You are lecturing again!

In that particular post of mine I only wished there was a dislike option. But you repeating your views despite already posting them is....lecturing.

You are lecturing again!

In that particular post of mine I only wished there was a dislike option. But you repeating your views despite already posting them is....lecturing.

My posts, as indeed yours, should all be seen in the context of the thread as a whole, you only attempt to use lecturing as a pejorative because you have lost the argument on this one.

you only attempt to use lecturing as a pejorative

Correct in relation to my request for a dislike button. A dislike button would be convenient instead of, like now, having to explain things. Equally it would prevent, like now, you feeling the need to reinforce your opinion because I said something - hitting dislike would mean you couldn't keep lecturing :)

And there is no win or lose, just opinions. Done be so sensitive!

Correct in relation to my request for a dislike button. A dislike button would be convenient instead of, like now, having to explain things. Equally it would prevent, like now, you feeling the need to reinforce your opinion because I said something - hitting dislike would mean you couldn't keep lecturing :)

And there is no win or lose, just opinions. Done be so sensitive!

Well I could not stop something that I have not done!

No sensitivity on my part and nothing personal either. The majority opinion on this thread is clearly that the Q7 driver showed very poor judgment and deserved to be pulled over.

Speeding behind, and then closing on a marked patrol car does take a very special kind of "stupid" and I can say this with impunity as we have just sold an Audi, though not a Q7 ;)

Last edited:
Well I could not stop something that I have not done!

No sensitivity on my part and nothing personal either. The majority opinion on this thread is clearly that the Q7 driver showed very poor judgment and deserved to be pulled over.

Speeding behind, and then closing on a marked patrol car does take a very special kind of "stupid" and I can say this with impunity as we have just sold an Audi, though not a Q7 ;)

Dislike.

(You've done it again, and it's spectacularly clear what your opinion is - please don't reply).

Dislike.

(You've done it again, and it's spectacularly clear what your opinion is - please don't reply).

Just because someone holds a contrary view and posts that it is not a lecture, this was a reasonable discussion before your blinkered input.

The majority of posts here disagree with you, you must have very thick skin or .........................................:doh:

Last edited:
RWD, you're very sensitive on this issue.

By any chance have you be done for doing the same thing as the Q7 driver?

I wish there were an option to dislike comments on this forum. Why only 'thank' and 'like'?

Not having set the forum up or having been a member for very long, I assume, rightly or wrongly, that it is because it was expected that members would behave with a decent level of decorum.

On a separate matter and a general observation not levelled at you ; spirited debate is not the same as deliberately being awkward or selecting a tiny part of a response that suits one's position or selecting another part with the intention of creating argument.

Argument and debate are not bed fellows as the former does require a level head, civility or a willingness to see the wood and the trees.

Last edited:
Not having set the forum up or having been a member for very long, I assume, rightly or wrongly, that it is because it was expected that members would behave with a decent level of decorum.

On a separate matter and a general observation not levelled at you because I do not speak for anyone else on here; spirited debate is not the same as deliberately being awkward or selecting a tiny part of a response that suits one's position or selecting another part with the intention of creating argument.

Argument and debate are not bed fellows as the former does require a level head, civility or a willingness to see the wood and the trees.

If I kept repeating my opinion, wouldn't that annoy you more? A dislike or rating button is quite common on most good sites.

If I kept repeating my opinion, wouldn't that annoy you more? A dislike or rating button is quite common on most good sites.

"On a separate matter and a general observation not levelled at you"

Please do not presume to believe that I am annoyed.

Another general observation is that this yet another thread where the opportunity to glean or share knowledge is being sacrificed at the altar of petty bickering.

BIG sigh.

We could have a rep system to see who had the most active Dislike button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom