Rear Facing Speed Cameras in Police Cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The police do not need to display blue lights if they need to exceed the speed limit.

The law allows them to exceed the speed limit. It doesn't allow 'non-police' vehicles to do the same.

The d**khead in the Q7 deserves to be penalised.

Silly comments like 'entrapment' are pure speculation, as are some other comments, and as such have no place in a thread of this nature.

While agreeing with most of the above , it is worth clarifying that exemptions extend not only to other emergency vehicles but can , under certain circumstances , to ANY vehicle .

The vehicle itself does not have to belong to one of the emergency services but must be being used for police , fire or ambulance purposes .

This could extend to a hire vehicle being used by one of the services , or even to a member of public's vehicle commandeered in an emergency , even with the MOP driving - so if a cop jumps into your car and shouts 'follow that car' you are acting under police instructions and can claim exemptions .

The law allows them to exceed the speed limit.

Yes but they are not exempt

I know may a Traffic Officer who have been caught speeding whilst on duty driving a Traffic car due to GATSO.

Most pay the FPT and accept the 3 points.

The others have a valid reason which is traceable.

So ^^^^that's my lot i'm afraid.:thumb:

Yes , I have that particular T shirt , although in my case it was a fire brigade vehicle .

Just as with tickets gained in my own car , I put my hands up , even though I was genuinely on my way to a job it was simpler just to pay up .

I once tried to contest a parking ticket slapped on my car in Glasgow city centre when I was attending an incident ( despite the blue light on the roof ) and ended up paying it myself the night before it was due to double as the staff supposedly dealing with it had just left it sitting .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom