Rear head rests stopping in the up position

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonb286

Car
mercedes clk convertible 230
Hi. 2001 clk convertible 230k. The rear head rests are stuck up. Tried the 8 second fix and the 15 second fix holding the switch up and down as per other forums say.. Nothing. No holes down the side to hit some sort of re set switch. I can hear the motors running but not engaging. Is an Allen key fix or a main dealer book in job. Any help ideas would be great.

the poke a thing down a hole fix is for the 209. On the 208 just press the headrest switch UP and hold it there, it may take longer than 10 seconds but you should hear it click into place.

Hi. I've Been sat in the car with my finger on the up button on the switch for about 30 seconds. Still nothing.
If I press the switch up and down I hear a clicking but no movement yet. I've tried pushing down on them but solid

they will not just push down, they are designed to lock in place and take the weight of the car rolling over.

Ok. I will try the switch again in day light. Is there a re set option? Should I try the roof switch???

the roof will not operate with the roll bar up after it has activated, if you had raised the rollbar then they would lower as part of the roof operation. It should be as simple as you have already done, if you can here the motor running and it does not engage then its time to look further into it

Last edited:
Hi. Roll bars-headrests fix. All we did was disconnect the battery for 15 mins. All worked fine . Esp and bas light . Full lock left then right then left again held in full lock for about 2-3 seconds to take the light off re code the radio and sort the memory on the Windows . Job done. Roof and roll bars work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom