Rear inner tyre wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AL84

Car
211 E320 CDI AVANT
Hi everyone, just seeing if anyone has any ideas what can cause my rear tyres to wear down within around 3 to 4 months roughly? does anyone have a digram that shows the toe link so that i could check it? i've taken the wheels off but cant see much that is wrong but i'm not a mechanic, i've been to 2 garages and they both told me a different story so i want to try and get to bottom of it myself, thanks in advance

a) tyre pressure
b) alignment
c) both

The toe-in and camber are fairly easy to adjust but needs good equipment, not many garages or tyre bays are up to the job.

Are your staggered AMG original fitments?
Have they got the correct ET (offset)?
Are tyres as specified for you car, not over-size?
Has the car been lowered?
- the thumbnail pic appears to show no gap above rear to wheelarch...

Hi everyone, just seeing if anyone has any ideas what can cause my rear tyres to wear down within around 3 to 4 months roughly? does anyone have a digram that shows the toe link so that i could check it? i've taken the wheels off but cant see much that is wrong but i'm not a mechanic, i've been to 2 garages and they both told me a different story so i want to try and get to bottom of it myself, thanks in advance

Do you mean that the tyres are wearing on one side or jsut wearing out? If wearing on one side, then likely to be an alignment problem. Take it to Wheels in Motion in Chesham for them to check it out...they are reputed to be one of the best in the country for alignment and they certainly know Mercs.

a) tyre pressure
b) alignment
c) both

The toe-in and camber are fairly easy to adjust but needs good equipment, not many garages or tyre bays are up to the job.

Are your staggered AMG original fitments?
Have they got the correct ET (offset)?
Are tyres as specified for you car, not over-size?
Has the car been lowered?
- the thumbnail pic appears to show no gap above rear to wheelarch...

This would be my guess. I'm having the same problem if it's inner tyre wear. Lowering the car creates negative camber which is the big cause of inner tyre wear.
Anyone know if this is adjustable by the dealer without fitting a camber adjustment kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom