Rear light cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Something that crossed my mind today was the rear fog lights on the W202 I have noticed on mine a 1995 year and on my dads 1998 only one fog light will light up. the other one doesn't work at all.So I set about pulling everything apart to find that on the so called circuit board the wire strip has been sheared at factory and there is also no wire going to the connector block for the light cluster. Has any one else got this on thiers?Is there a reason:confused:

Originally posted by pluggers
Something that crossed my mind today was the rear fog lights on the W202 I have noticed on mine a 1995 year and on my dads 1998 only one fog light will light up. the other one doesn't work at all.So I set about pulling everything apart to find that on the so called circuit board the wire strip has been sheared at factory and there is also no wire going to the connector block for the light cluster. Has any one else got this on thiers?Is there a reason:confused:

I'm guessing that the reason is cost - just think how much the accountants saved themselves by only fitting one lamp (which is all thats required by law) rather than 2 :)

sad but true.

Andy

Daft as it sounds there is a bulb inside for the fog, very new and original just never used, Oh and no wire for it.

Just put Neighbourhood Watch on full alert but able to report no fog light on near side.

the bulb IS used, it's a dual filament bulb, only ever ONE filament used though - tail lamp. There is only one fog lamp in the rear for a good reason: if you are approaching someone in a c-class with fog lamp on you know it's the foglamp because only one bulb is lit. If both sides were lit, you might be dazzled and not see the brake lights come on (both sides). Seriously, that's why they do it and why hardly any German cars have twin fogs in the rear. In DE/NL/FR etc of course the lit lamp is on the other side :)

This had me puzzled as well.:confused:

Wonderful Explaination Shude.

Joe :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom