rear light problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mayfairbill

Car
mercedes e270
having trouble with my rear nearside backup light E270 2003 the light stays on when i turn the engine of
and lock the car so i am having to disconnect the battery when i park overnight to prevent flattening my battery any advice would be very much appreciated regards mayfairbill.

Sounds like a faulty rear SAM to me, but I would get it checked out on a star machine first.

having trouble with my rear nearside backup light E270 2003 the light stays on when i turn the engine of
and lock the car so i am having to disconnect the battery when i park overnight to prevent flattening my battery any advice would be very much appreciated regards mayfairbill.

Thanks Ted would i need to go to a main agent to have star test

Bill, there are a number of good independant garages with star. Post whereabouts you are (unless it’s Mayfair!) and simeone should be able to recommend one.

Bill, there are a number of good independant garages with star. Post whereabouts you are (unless it’s Mayfair!) and simeone should be able to recommend one.

Ted I live in Dunoon dont think there will be any garages here with star diagnostics I believe
there is a garage at Port Glasgow so I will take the car over on the ferry and get them to check it for me.

Reactions: Ted
Ted I live in Dunoon dont think there will be any garages here with star diagnostics I believe
there is a garage at Port Glasgow so I will take the car over on the ferry and get them to check it for me.
I took my car to a mercedes garage not main agent they did a star test then did a temporary repair i think this involved isolating cutting
and insulating the wire that was keeping my back light on permanently at a cost of £97.20 they said to replace the rear SAM would cost an
additional £876 on top of what i have already paid do you think this is about the right price to fix this fault would a second hand SAM work regards .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom