Rear light vandalised?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Japtastic

Car
CLK W209
I came out to the car this morning and the rear LED light cover was on the floor and the unit its self had disappeared in to the area behind it, is access to the boot or car possible from there?

Oddly enough I saw another W209 tonight with the exact same thing, rear light completely missing, very worrying.

I have had a look at how this goes back together but can't see how, does any one have a diagram? I know I will need to replace the light unit as the red plastic has been cracked and snapped.

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

They may just be after the LED's but it does expose the trunk. Mercedes service department can enter the trunk this way and get the key you locked in your briefcase.

Happens all the time with business people and their car keys. Best to leave less in the car and give them nothing to think about.

Last edited:
They may just be after the LED's but it does expose the trunk. Mercedes service department can enter the trunk this way and get the key you locked in your briefcase.

Looks a very similar trick to entering a facelift Peugeot 406 boot without a key. On those the perp forces the panel in to make the lock react..

So do you think they were they trying to get into your boot or pinch the light? Was the light broken beforehand?

Mine is all cracked and I have heard that they can decide to just fall off when they've had enough.

First time I've heard that you can get into the boot through the light though.

A little worrying....

I'm not sure what has happened, could be kids, could be a thief, could be that it just fell off but I doubt it.

Can any one help me with a diagram or a pic of how this light unit is normally connected?

It's a common fault on W209's. Mine was replaced on Service Contract Plus.
You're not still in warranty by any chance?

No unfortunately not, all I need is a diagram and I'll be fine, or maybe the new unit I order will make everything clear any way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom