Rear lights vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rett72

Car
vito 111
HI all

my ns rear road light on my vito is driving me insane

Chaged the bulb twice no good ,swapped the other side and the bulb came on for a moment did that a few times with the same result.

even tryd a another unit wit same result.

i also have an abs light on which appeared a short time after the rear light

any suggestions please thanks

No idea if it is the cause but we had similar problems with the rear lights and brake lights on our Viano. They would come on and then go out. Switch off start again and the same result. Turned out it was the SAM unit which is under the fuse box. Dealer said it probably was and offered to run a diagnosis at £80 or replace the unit which I think was about £300. Gambled on it being that and had it replaced with no more trouble.

hi

No idea if it is the cause but we had similar problems with the rear lights and brake lights on our Viano. They would come on and then go out. Switch off start again and the same result. Turned out it was the SAM unit which is under the fuse box. Dealer said it probably was and offered to run a diagnosis at £80 or replace the unit which I think was about £300. Gambled on it being that and had it replaced with no more trouble.

hi mark
gave it to a garage today he did alot of checks and said he was going to get a wiring diagram as the wires at the light weren't the same colour at fuse end.
will mention this to them
thanks for the heads up:thumb:

Another common failing is the Hi Level brake light giving out all sorts of misdemeanors.. I was chasing my tail for ages before purchasing a new Hi Level and all of a sudden all was cured.. I think, Nick (Sparky wotsit) was the one that pointed me in that direction.. also check and see if anyone has been in on your wiring to fit a towbar.. mine was a total crapshoot .. and the previous owner was an electrician, hate to see any of his work..

I would think the rear SAM would be the favourite. The wiring colours could well change between the light unit and the fuse box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom