Rear Outer Control Arm Bushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Has anybody replaced these without the proper tool ???

Hi,
I maybe thinking of the wrong bushes/arms but I have always believed these arms were so cheap it negated the need to replace just the bushes.

These ones are actually in the bottom of the hub assembly, but always semm to be referred to the title.

AAhhh sorry, ok my mistake, I thought you were referring to the 3 or 4 tie bar "like" arms, that are on each side.

My mistake, should have been clearer :eek:

I am referring to the BOTTOM rear control arm bushes ;)

Yes, I've done this job without the proper tool. In my opinion, it's way beyond DIY, and you're better off finding an indpendant garage with the right tools. If you search for posts by me on here, and on the other site, you'll find the post I wrote about the work.

Yes, I've done this job without the proper tool. In my opinion, it's way beyond DIY, and you're better off finding an indpendant garage with the right tools. If you search for posts by me on here, and on the other site, you'll find the post I wrote about the work.

I do have a bit more than your normal DIY tools ;) so not affraid of getting my hands dirty.

I have spoken to my local MB dealer and nearest good Indie to price up doing both sides

Dealer - £280 inc VAT
Indie - £258.50 inc VAT

Just rang MJH in Walsall and the guy there was very very helpful and quoted me £100 +vat for labour and after providing him with the part numbers for the parts, he said that I might as well get the parts and bring them with me on Friday :rock::bannana:

Last edited:
I have changed this bushing , and all the other rear bushings . I didnt have the correct tool , so i removed the rear hubs and then used a 20 tonne bench press to push them out . They are very tight and took a lot of pressure to move them . The job took me 3 hours , and that was to change all the bushings .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom