Rear Panel NTG 2 Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
Trying to find a bit more info on my comand NTG 2 and have come across three connectors on the rear. Top one is RF so assume radio frequency, bottom is GPS and the middle one of ZF. What does ZF stand for?

ZF is the secondary (diverse) antenna feed. Its on the mustard coloured fakra

Richard

Thanks Richard,

So with the problems I am experiencing, losing all the AM frequencies, would it be this or the RF antenna input? I think it may be the antenna amplifier that's gone faulty so trying to check.

Check the black RF one
R

Check the black RF one
R
Tried that last week, disconnected the lead from the comand and carefully touched the centre pin with a "wire coat hanger" still not picking up any AM frequencies. My next move is to remove the roof aerial and try the same, a bit more open for frequencies to get in. Hoping it's to the comand gone down.

Tried that last week, disconnected the lead from the comand and carefully touched the centre pin with a "wire coat hanger" still not picking up any AM frequencies. My next move is to remove the roof aerial and try the same, a bit more open for frequencies to get in. Hoping it's to the comand gone down.

So I removed the roof antenna and took it apart, with it still attached to all cables so left on the roof and was surprised to see 4 cables going into the antenna. My guess is one is positive feed, one is radio antenna, what would the other 2 be? Does the roof antenna also do the GPS? That would cut down to still one cable unknown. :dk: with a bit of :wallbash:

I have had the NTG2 unit checked at Maples of Bath and that was working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom