Rear ride height much higher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t-dawg1

Car
Mercedes W211
Hie guys iv just had my rear coil springs replaced on my E280 57 plate and the ride the height looks much higher than before! They are genuine Merc springs too. I had to change them coz they had both snapped at the bottom but now the height looks too high! Will it settle down after a few hundred miles?

View attachment 38824

View attachment 38825

View attachment 38826

View attachment 38827

Last edited:
Probably will settle in a short while. I had my front 2 changed with better than merc springs and didn't see any change in ride height.

I had front ones done last month and only changed slightly but the rear difference now I feel is a wee bit too high or is it coz I'd got used to very low broken ones

something is wrong as no way will they lower enough to match front.

If you put your VIN up, and the part number of the new spring that have been fitted, someone will likely check out that the proper part has been sourced.

Some Benz springs are classified as long or short within the same part number, if you end up with the correct part number and a mismatched (to the front axel) ride height chance are they have given you the opposite to what you had before.....

@dieselman you are right there iv returned the car to garage and they are putting on the correct ones from Mercedes. £140 for two rear ones,the guy at Merc said they have to be calculated by the VIN number and he worked it out for me. The ones I got now have a blue stripe and are much tighter and shorter. Photos to follow after it's done

After the new springs today it looks much better and another £140...

QUOTE]

Why have you paid if you were supplied with incorrect parts?

I bought the 1st aftermarket ones separately and got my mechanic to fit then on realising they were too high I had to go to Mercedes for proper ones....lesson learnt not to buy cheap aftermarket crap!

I bought the 1st aftermarket ones separately and got my mechanic to fit then on realising they were too high I had to go to Mercedes for proper ones....lesson learnt not to buy cheap aftermarket crap!

Not from KFC...??

Dieselman said:
Not from KFC...??

Hahahahahahaha @Dieselman No I just work across from KFC here so handy to take pictures of the car there

Dieselman said:
Not from KFC...??

Can't private message you as your inbox is now too full it says

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom