Rear ride height, W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
Sort of following on from my springs thread....

Whilst fitting new front discs and pads to my 280CDi Sport, my mate mentioned that the rns was sitting a bit lower than the os, about 3/4", when parked on perfectly level ground. There's no broken coil, so I'm wondering what else could cause it. I've yet to order a pair of new ones - the only thing I could think of was if the os one had been replaced as a single unit at some time, although they both look in a similar condition. Any ideas?

Pete

Sort of following on from my springs thread....

Whilst fitting new front discs and pads to my 280CDi Sport, my mate mentioned that the rns was sitting a bit lower than the os, about 3/4", when parked on perfectly level ground. There's no broken coil, so I'm wondering what else could cause it. I've yet to order a pair of new ones - the only thing I could think of was if the os one had been replaced as a single unit at some time, although they both look in a similar condition. Any ideas?

Pete
Are the coloured dots the same in the springs ? It is often only the very end part of the spring that breaks and can be hard to see .

Same tyre sizes on the rear , same pressure ? Heavy object in the boot on that side ? Full fuel tank on that side ,if that’s a thing ?

Knackered shock? Whilst not hundreds of kilos of force, brand new fully working shocks do provide quite a bit of compression resistance. This and the other suggestions could add up to 3/4" maybe?

Was your mate availing of the free bar!? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom