Rear Roof Spoiler - painting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I just got a bargain of an OE rear roof spoiler for my A200, it is primed so needs to be painted.

Haven't decided whether to go with main colour (191 Cosmos Black) or carbon fibre, with a view of doing side mirrors and diffuser in carbon later on.

If I go for a standard paint job, how much am I looking at, roughly?

32826010993_33702b8f6d_o.jpg

Do it yourself with cans, after laquering, polish and it will look perfect. I did my W202 side skirts which looked perfect

Chips away did the front of my SL, the bit between the grille and the splitter which is an area larger than your spoiler for £100....if thats anything to go on...

Do it yourself with cans, after laquering, polish and it will look perfect. I did my W202 side skirts which looked perfect

:thumb:

If I had a place and expertise to do that, I would ... at least I'd try :crazy:

Thanks chaps, got the ballpark figure now, good stuff.

The car is going into a bodyshop on Tuesday for some rear bumper re-spray, will ask if this can be done at the same time ...

Thanks chaps, got the ballpark figure now, good stuff.

The car is going into a bodyshop on Tuesday for some rear bumper re-spray, will ask if this can be done at the same time ...

Good plan, whilst the paint is mixed...

Where and how much did you get it for? I want to get one for my B class

If it works out too expensive, a decent wrapping company could do it for about £50, as it
a) is off the car
b) a simple shape to wrap

Good plan, whilst the paint is mixed...
Exactly - it will cost very little in that case!

Great, as that's what I was thinking, though wasn't sure :rolleyes:

Where and how much did you get it for? I want to get one for my B class

I'll PM you. Don't know if there are any more left, or for any other models, and almost certain this one it'll not fit W245?

If it works out too expensive, a decent wrapping company could do it for about £50, as it
a) is off the car
b) a simple shape to wrap

That's good to know, thanks :thumb:
Can you recommend one, preferably in or near Northamptonshire?

Got a great deal (I think) - getting the spoiler painted and fitted, at the same time as bumper work, should all be ready in a couple of days.

Got a great deal (I think) - getting the spoiler painted and fitted, at the same time as bumper work, should all be ready in a couple of days.

Look forward to seeing pics :bannana:

Collecting the car tomorrow, if all goes well.
Wont wash it for a few days though, but will take a few pics as is, looks like it'll be sunny...

Collecting the car tomorrow, if all goes well.
Wont wash it for a few days though, but will take a few pics as is, looks like it'll be sunny...

My bodyshop pressure washed the car straightaway rather oddly haha

Apparently once it's been baked with ir lamp etc it's solid

My bodyshop pressure washed the car straightaway rather oddly haha

Apparently once it's been baked with ir lamp etc it's solid

Interesting. I'll ask.

Which bodyshop you use? I still have a few bits to sort out, later in the year, if budget allows.

Well, I collected the car from a bodyshop today, with the rear bumper looking like new and a new OE roof spoiler painted and fitted perfectly. :thumb:

I'll get it washed in a few days and will take a few more pics.

32922954273_3b3f5013e7_o.jpg

33736044305_a8a162a67e_o.jpg

Going to fit an OE boot load sill protector I bought a couple of months ago, seeing as the temperature is up to 19ºC today ...

And here's the sill protector:

33738551245_96f2cd3039_o.jpg

I like it :thumb:

Looks great :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom