Rear sensor constant beeping s211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drz

Car
E 220 CDI
Hi guys,

I have a 2006 E 220 CDI. Rear sensors are acting up. When I put the car into reverse, I get a constant beep-beep-beep-beep ..... It doesn't stop after awhile; it keeps going until the car is taken out of reverse.
I've seen a lot of posts about sensors beeping and then stopping after awhile, or sensors not beeping at all but I've not come across a constant beeping problem.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Are the red lights on (from the parking sensor lights)?
There are no Parktronic parking sensor red lights on this vehicle.

I had a Ford Ranger that used to do this when it was dirty, I take it you've cleaned the sensors?

There are no Parktronic parking sensor red lights on this vehicle.
So you an aftermarket parking sensor kit? Is there a button to turn off the parking sensors. It is located just below the gear selector to the left.

So you an aftermarket parking sensor kit? Is there a button to turn off the parking sensors. It is located just below the gear selector to the left.
Yes, I've just found out that it's a Cobra aftermarket kit. The second sensor in from the right side is not ticking. I'm not aware of a button that switches off the sensors.

Replace the faulty sensor?

Replace the faulty sensor?
It looks like that's what's wrong. The only problem is that you need to take the bumper off to do that. Might be a little expensive. It's a little beyond my level of expertise.

The button I am talking about is for the factory parking sensors. With aftermarket kits, I find the easiest way is to replace the whole system. Aftermarket kits are very cheap nowadays.

Factory parking sensors usually allow the diagnostic software to pinpoint the faulty sensor, so handy when it comes to repairing or fault finding.

The button I am talking about is for the factory parking sensors. With aftermarket kits, I find the easiest way is to replace the whole system. Aftermarket kits are very cheap nowadays.

Factory parking sensors usually allow the diagnostic software to pinpoint the faulty sensor, so handy when it comes to repairing or fault finding.
I think I'm going to unplug at the control module and not worry about it.

It looks like that's what's wrong. The only problem is that you need to take the bumper off to do that. Might be a little expensive. It's a little beyond my level of expertise.
Rear sensors on my CLS were accessible with the bumper in place. Bit fiddly. Can you reach the connector by reaching up behind the bumper?

As it’s an aftermarket kit you will need to take the bumper off and hunt inside the interior for the module. The connection point will be located inside the interior at the module.

With a factory kit, the connection point will be located outside so that you can easily take the bumper away from the car.

As it’s an aftermarket kit you will need to take the bumper off and hunt inside the interior for the module. The connection point will be located inside the interior at the module.

With a factory kit, the connection point will be located outside so that you can easily take the bumper away from the car.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom