Rear silencer for CLK430

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkymark

Car
CLK 430
I blew my tail pipe section off my rear silencer on saturday under hard acceleration. does anybody have any ideas apart from a merc dealer where I can get a new rear silencer.

eurocarparts ?

gsfcarparts? - just noticed you have to register now to use this company and give them email address and phone numbers before you can search for parts! Good way to turn business away IMHO

There was a guy breaking a CLK430 on here in the classifieds the other week :)

Or failing that, you could try sending a message to forum member 'Howard', as I know he fitted an AMG exhaust to his 430 a while back - he might have kept the old exhaust (?)

Other than that, I guess there's a number of aftermarket options available?

Will

Tried GSF and they cannot help me due to my car being a 1999 W208 model and they only keep parts for 10yrs

Will, thanks for the info about the guy breaking a 430 but because I havent yet done 30 posts i cannot reply to the thread

I've replied to the thread for you, the seller should receive an email notification :)

Will

I've got a 430 backbox as Will says.

In good condition , with the black ( avantgarde ) tailpipe trim in place.

I'm right at Jcn 1 of the M3.

Cool, My CLK 430 is Avantgarde, but my tail pipe had a chrome tailpipe piece. How much do you want? I have been in touch with a MB dealer and I have to buy the system from the cats onwards.

You'll need to get it welded onto your old system or get a sleeve , as it was cut off with a disc cutter to fit the AMG backbox. It was cut neatly though , don't worry. ;)

£75 and it's yours.

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it up.

It's buried in the garage , before i dig it out , can you confirm that you are definately interested ?

Howard, sorry didn't get back been busy. I would so love to buy just the back box but I had my car checked and the the whole section from the cats needs replacing. So it looks like I'm going to have to fork out on a new system from cats to tail pipe :mad:

Nasty.

That's gonna be exbenzive.

Yup it sure is. £290 +vat from Mercedes benz dealer as well :bannana:
For that money you may be better getting stainless steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom