Rear speaker grills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R13LLX

Car
C250
I'm looking for some advice on how to fix this little problem I now have thanks to my nephew jumping in the back with full football gear on [emoji1]
I have a c250 and the speakers effected are the both rears
6b4f19d7798ad82965f03cd79c8ca78a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd hope the grill is removable and the damage could be pushed out by hand.

Have you tried prising one off?

No as I'm not sure if the chrome comes with,which I think it does? It seems easily broken though so not sure what's best..

I also don't want to pry a flatblade screwdriver in behind it incase I damage the surrounding plastic...

I think from vague memory from having the door panels off, that they fit in from the back of the door panel and fit over plastic studs in the door which then get melted down.

So I think if you can get replacements, you'd have to pop the door panel off, cut the melted plastic mushroom, fit the new ones, then use hot glue or something as you then won't have the plastic to melt into a mushroom to hold them in place.

One of mine is also cracked, but not as bad, so I'm living with it for now...

No worries I was toying with the idea of replacing the speakers with something a bit punchier ,do u think that would be easier (plus I get some new speakers) [emoji41][emoji1] "but wifey,I HAVE to buy them"

Don't want to be the bearer of more bad news, but behind the door trim panel, is a steel plate that's riveted to the door itself. The speakers fit in behind that, and rivet to it. So to remove the speakers, you either have to chop them to bits to pull them out of the hole, or drill out all the rivets, remove the panel, remove the speaker intact, then collect all the scrap metal at the bottom of the door, fit your new speaker, then re-rivet the steel panel back onto the door before re-fitting the door trim panel.

There are PDF guides on how to upgrade the speakers, if you Google something like "W204 speaker upgrade pdf" you'll find it, and be able to see what's involved.

It was more trouble than it was worth for me. I removed all four door panels just to nip up all nuts and bolts just incase it got rid of any rattles, which it did quieten the car a bit, but mine's an 08... So if you do, nip up your nuts and bolts too, as they relax a little over time from the factory.

Sounds a lot of trouble!! [emoji1] think I'll just try carefully pop it out and try reshape it without causing to much damage...
Thanks for the input ,I really appreciate it

c98d1f80ed4953629ae1f59e2bf966f0.jpg
well that didn't go to plan!! Absolute nightmare to come off.Does anyone know the best way of removing these without taking the whole door card off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom