Rear Speakers in W123 230e (1983)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Endz

Car
W123 230E (rolling restor-customisation?)
Firstly, I'll post some pictures when I've finished cleaning the wee beastie (got dirty pics, need cleans ones to complete the set).:thumb:

Front speakers easy to upgrade and I won't be chopping the dash apart to fit larger than standard there. It's the back ones that are my issue as this car didn't come with them spec'd up from the factory.

So I have a perfect rear parcel shelf with the original med kit still in place and I don't particularly want to hack it apart to fit some decent rear speakers so I'm digging around looking for workarounds/suggestions/genius solutions.

Oh and while I'm asking questions. What is that black plastic bubbly shape thing directly beneath the middle of the parcel shelf? Feels hollow but I'm flummoxed as to what is or does. Almost like a mold for oversize golf balls :dk:

All suggestions welcome. Currently about to pass out :eek: after a day of t-cutting. Damn that bonnet is big!

Last edited:
Thanking you kindly sir! All that reading gives me an excuse to skip the wash/wax/wash/wax I was planning (for the car not me!) for tomorrow ;)

The black bubbly thing is the vacuum reservoir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom