rear speakers upgraded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Upgraded rear speakers on W205 cabriolet, an absolute mission, no where near as easy as front doors which was done few weeks ago.

The rear quarter panels separate in 2 parts the top section and middle are linked but the middle connects to the lower so needs to be separated.
The lower section needs to be removed new speaker lines up with 2 holes so need to drill hole in panel for 3rd screw as not secure with just 2. (you can't see the hole as its covered by the middle panel.

To make things more complicated space is tight and panels have wires connecting to roof electrics, rear seat bench and side bolster, the side plastic sill has to come out as well.

Whilst I was in there I taped into existing wires and made connection with extra wires into the boot if I want to add sub and amp I now have signal wires from the existing rear speaker wires. retained original plug added new wires (white) and ones into boot (red and black).

Factory speakers have rubber fittings which push into panel to secure, new speakers don't so had to nut and bolt them in M6 nut nut and bolt.

I know see why there is not a you tube video of this, it would be full of swear words shouting and very long. I did manage to take some pics to help anyone brave enough to do this.

Oh it sounds amazing I have same speakers in front doors and it is like night and day when compared to the poxy standard speakers

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg