Rear subframe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@TeddyRuxpin yes Stuttgart are due to start the work next week. I’ve also used Continental, off Ocean Way. Had no problems with them either but crossing Cardiff to get to them was becoming a pain. Stuttgart collect my car if required.

...a page of which is linked...

Thanks. Though it does say 'page 1 of 1' (in German), so looks like this page is in fact the entire document, which is good news.

This thread has got me thinking about waxoyling the older cars. I had one done a few years ago, but even though it’s barefly covered any miles I bet it could benefit with a top up. The spread of pricing is dramatic when looking online. Any recommendations?

Just eyeball the general area without the faintest of clues what to look for and then snow foam it. Snow foam will make everything alright.

Attachments

• 868B704D-CCBB-4463-B3DC-A7364F3B2391.jpeg
    868B704D-CCBB-4463-B3DC-A7364F3B2391.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 27
  • F851E409-61F6-43B4-9A03-054CE734EFB1.jpeg
    F851E409-61F6-43B4-9A03-054CE734EFB1.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 27
Just bought a Shutz spray gun and some waxoyl. Last time I did this was on my ‘73 RWA Midget back in the late 80’s!

Just bought a Shutz spray gun and some waxoyl. Last time I did this was on my ‘73 RWA Midget back in the late 80’s!
I'd take the Waxoyl back if you have the receipt.

There are far better corrosion inhibitors available plus spraying it in the current temperatures will be difficult.

I'd take the Waxoyl back if you have the receipt.

There are far better corrosion inhibitors available plus spraying it in the current temperatures will be difficult.
I can’t take it back as it was an early Christmas present. Wouldn’t want to be rude. It sprays fine if you heat it up a bit.

I can’t take it back as it was an early Christmas present. Wouldn’t want to be rude. It sprays fine if you heat it up a bit.
It'scartrunly better than nothing. 👍👍

Unsure if the formulation has changed but I used it as you did on some of my earlier cars and on the first hot Summers day a lot of it ran out of the car 😂😂

See if you can find it, then check the undercarriage, if it hasn't rusted since then Waxoil is definitely the way to go :thumb: :D

Practice on yours first and then you can do the rest of MBClub 😁

Hi Andy and welcome . Sorry to hear your first post on here is regarding something that can send your car directly to the scrapyard. it's good that you have researched this I personally suspect this fault on W204 C class is far more common than we think.

If it has a full MB service history that will be helpful , but I am sure you have seen how even on cars with full MB service history MB sometimes try to wriggle out of this stating the corrosion warranty is for paint work only.

They know full well that this is a problem do not let them fob you off. best of luck and keep us informed on how you get on :thumb:
Hi sorry it's been a while, been rather hectic, I got an appointment @ 2pm today with MB dealer, they'll inspect it, photograph it & send the findings to MB headquarters hopefully they'll foot the bill will keep you posted

Good luck. Ours has now been with the dealer for just over 3 weeks. Still no decision from MB. Now making a nuisance of myself by calling them daily.

Your car has been LEFT at the dealer for 3 weeks? What if you only have one car?

Surely they can take pics of it, such as in the case with the OP

It is not roadworthy. Ollie at PCS would not let me drive it away. He has seen some where the rear end collapsed whilst being driven. It was taken to the MB dealer on a recovery truck. Now daily phone calls. Fortunately we have the CLK and have just brought the 124 back from italy. Its 27 years old with a completely solid subframe! We dashed back to beat the new covid rules. 19 hours door to door and it ran perfectly all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom