Rear tailgate camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dokalj

MB Enthusiast
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

I was just wondering what everybody thinks to the rear view camera that sits in place of the numberplare light.

Would you get one or do you think it ruins the looks of the car and is it worth damaging the wiring loom?

Thanks

dokalj

Last edited:
I had the reverse camera option on my previous car (ML300).

It's one of those items you look at on the options list and think, why would I pay £300 for that?

Once you've had one, it makes complete sense. I would never have been able to park in some places I did without it. On a large car it's far more useful.

I still find myself looking at the screen on my C class (which doesn't have a rear view camera!)

I had the reverse camera option on my previous car (ML300).

It's one of those items you look at on the options list and think, why would I pay £300 for that?

Once you've had one, it makes complete sense. I would never have been able to park in some places I did without it. On a large car it's far more useful.

I still find myself looking at the screen on my C class (which doesn't have a rear view camera!)

Did your's hang down from the tailgate? Or was it concealed? I have an A-class and I am thinking of doing the camera like npuk. I am just concerned about cutting the wiring loom to the rear lights.

As I already mentioned if you dont want to splice the loom and solder the connection use a scotchlock.

Did your's hang down from the tailgate? Or was it concealed? I have an A-class and I am thinking of doing the camera like npuk. I am just concerned about cutting the wiring loom to the rear lights.

It was the factory fit item that was just under the tailgate handle.

You really did have to look for it.

It was the factory fit item that was just under the tailgate handle.

You really did have to look for it.

Have you seen npuk's camera? I am just thinking would someone be able to steal it if they yanked it.

Or is there a camera that doesn't hang down that low. I need to see what the camera looks like from a distance because I am not always going to be standing close to the camera.

Here's the back of my old ML, you can see the camera just under the handle towards the left hand end of the number plate.

It's pretty neat and I had to look for it when I first got the car.

This was factory fit and operated with COMAND.

P1040871noreg.jpg

Here's the back of my old ML, you can see the camera just under the handle towards the left hand end of the number plate.

It's pretty neat and I had to look for it when I first got the car.

This was factory fit and operated with COMAND.

P1040871noreg.jpg

Hi Red C220,

Thanks for the picture.

I hope from a distance the camera on the W169 looks similar.

Are all mercedes cameras fitted on the left hand side or the right?

Thanks

dokalj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom