Rear tailgate stoved in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
So, take dogs for a walk, return to car parking area and find that somebody had hit the rear door mounted spare wheel on my Land Cruiser and the result is a real mess.

Crumpled panel, internal support brace bent, rear wiper motor displaced and door difficult to shut. Once you have got it open, that is.

And of course cleared off without so much as a by your leave.

Point of impact quite high so had to be a van or another 4x4.

Death is too good for them.:wallbash:

so, take dogs for a walk, return to car parking area and find that somebody had hit the rear door mounted spare wheel on my land cruiser and the result is a real mess.

Crumpled panel, internal support brace bent, rear wiper motor displaced and door difficult to shut. Once you have got it open, that is.

And of course cleared off without so much as a by your leave.

Point of impact quite high so had to be a van or another 4x4.

Death is too good for them.:wallbash:

cctv ?

Edit , didn't see above post:doh:

cctv ?

Edit , didn't see above post:doh:

No such luck. Car parking area in middle of nowhere.

Oh and as a result had to drive home with muddy dog in passenger compartment as I did not want to risk opening the door in case I could not shut it again and fixed dog guard needs to be unbolted from the rear.

Might be worth reporting to the cops just in case somebody saw what happened and decided to report it, you never know......

No such luck. Car parking area in middle of nowhere.

Oh and as a result had to drive home with muddy dog in passenger compartment as I did not want to risk opening the door in case I could not shut it again and fixed dog guard needs to be unbolted from the rear.

Pity .

Could be worth revisiting at same time of day and watching for another vehicle with matching damage / paint transfer with luck ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom