Rear tyre recommendations for C350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anderoo

Car
C350 coupe
I'm close to needing new rear tyres on my (W203) C350. It currently has Pirelli Cinturato P7, which were on it when I bought the car. A couple of MOTs ago, I had the front tyres replaced with Continental Contisport Contact 5, for no other reason than the Merc garage I was at didn't have replacement Pirellis, and suggested these instead.

So it seems reasonable to get the same Continentals on the rears too, but looking around the web it seems that although people seem to like them, they apparently wear very fast. I already have them on the front, though...

Anyway, any thoughts appreciated :)

PS the speed rating for my car is W, but the Continentals they put on the front are rated Y. Should I match the Y rating with whatever I put on the rear?

PPS front spec is 225/45 R17 91W, rear is 245/40 R17 91W

Just replaced all 4 on mine with Vredstein Ultrac Satins - I have the same size as yours

There's no need to match the speed ratings from front to back, you just need all tyres to be at or above the car's requirements. In February I replaced all four tyres on my C350 with Goodyear Asymmetric 3s and have been very pleased with them so far. They're a bit quieter than the previous Conti 3s and they feel very reassuring in the wet. It's far too soon to know how they'll last.

I'm not a great lover of Pirelli tyres, so I tend to avoid them.

The Conti Sport Contact 5's are good, especially under braking in the wet, but can be a little on the noisy side.

I'm currently running Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's on my car and am very impressed with them. Very good wet grip, quiet, good feel and they seem to wear well too.

There's no need to match the speed ratings from front to back, you just need all tyres to be at or above the car's requirements. In February I replaced all four tyres on my C350 with Goodyear Asymmetric 3s and have been very pleased with them so far. They're a bit quieter than the previous Conti 3s and they feel very reassuring in the wet. It's far too soon to know how they'll last.

+1 for the Goodyears but I did prefer the 2's

I'm running avon zz5 on the back which replaced continental conti 5"s and to be honest they are a big improvement especially road noise and grip in the wet and dry is good to, can't comment on longevity as I've only had them a few months

I had continental conti sport 3's before I replaced them with pirelli p zeros and the continentals were quieter and the p zeros feel softer which in turn would mean wear quicker but you honestly can't go wrong with either there a brilliant brand it all depends on driving style yeah you might get a 1000 miles out of one or the other but changing road conditions driving styles ect I doubt your notice just match the back to the front get the continentals and don't rule out Michelin's if you want to pay the extra money.

hi guys..i have just registered i really dont know how to post..basically i have cla45 orange art 2016. needed help on upgrading my front lights from xenon to led..any help welcomed pls

hi guys..i have just registered i really dont know how to post..basically i have cla45 orange art 2016. needed help on upgrading my front lights from xenon to led..any help welcomed pls

Think you need to post a thread in the main section will be top left and is your cla45 the estate? They look flipping awesome for an estate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom