rear tyres - 245/40 R17 91Y of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

worldude

Car
C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Auto - 05
Which rear tyre do u recommend for my car c220 cdi. I drive alot of all weather conditions. Michellin, Pireli, Continetal or etc

Thanks for ur advice.

Dude

Same size as mine, Falken ZE912's are extrememly good for £107 fully fitted (Blackcircles).

Russ

Great I will look at a flaken tires website for my car. Is there other tyres u recommend?

Thanks

Conti sports contacts, mine are 3's but I think that 5's are out now

Conti sports contacts, mine are 3's but I think that 5's are out now

Just changed my rear Conti 3s for Michelin Pilot 3s after 14000 mls (ATS £167). Quite honestly, can't tell much difference. But then again I try to drive smoothly. Hope the Michelin's have a longer life...

summer tyres vs all season tyres

I wonder that are there any all-season tyres for Mercedes? I am not sure which to go for summer tyres or all season tyres.

I wonder that are there any all-season tyres for Mercedes? I am not sure which to go for summer tyres or all season tyres.

now that's a whole new debate....:)

Some excellent reports coming in on the new Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 tyre. I'm going to try them next. I'm running Kumho on rear at the moment and can't complain.
Now to be honest I've run Conti sports, Goodyears, Michelins and Kumhos and I have to admit they are all pretty much as good as each other.

Some excellent reports coming in on the new Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 tyre.

I've read them too, but not cheap, circa £179 each! :eek:

I had the previous Goodyear F1's, plenty of grip but wore out really quick

Russ

Agree my Assymetric 1s only gave me 13k on rears. All others just over 15k. Asymmetric 2s supposed to be much better. But yes at that price can almost get 2 Kumhos for price of one Goodyear.

Asymmetric Avon,s

great tyre and good value

Another thumbs up for continental sport contact 3 (MO Versions).

Just avoid anything with a ^ pattern. They are just not suited to MB's.

Fallen or Hankook are a good alternative to premium brands.

Bridgestone RE050's - good grip, price and wear rate.

I had them before, not so good in the wet and not good wear rate either. Believe me, the Falken ZE912 is a better tyre than the Bridgestone for a lot less money.

Russ

Michelins PS3 should last longer than continentals

Really I stuck them on my previous car after only getting 11K out of the dunlop sports it came with from the factory. The ps3 were ok in the dry, better than the dunlops but that really isn't a recommendation, but terrable in the wet and only laster 10K miles :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom