Rear tyres for 2017 C63 S coupe - 20" wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

540YMX

Car
AMG C63s Coupe
As per the title, the rears on the car are still legal but grip is woeful when damp.

Car was factory fitted with Continental Sportcontact 5P 285/30/R20 ZR MO on the rear, the fronts (MO1) wore out very quickly so have already been replaced.

My local tyre dealer tells me that Continental/Pirelli don't do MO1's in 20", the only brand appears to do these is Michelin with the Pilot Super Sport 285/30 R20

Any suggestions?

Michelin or Good Year Eagle F1 Assymetric 1/2/3
As per the title, the rears on the car are still legal but grip is woeful when damp.

Car was factory fitted with Continental Sportcontact 5P 285/30/R20 ZR MO on the rear, the fronts (MO1) wore out very quickly so have already been replaced.

My local tyre dealer tells me that Continental/Pirelli don't do MO1's in 20", the only brand appears to do these is Michelin with the Pilot Super Sport 285/30 R20

Any suggestions?

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

Try your MB dealer?

Mine was the best price, albiet for a different size.

Any suggestions?

The car was fitted with tyres your dealer says arent made (20” MO1s)

Are looking for MO or MO1?

The car was fitted with tyres your dealer says arent made (20” MO1s)

Are looking for MO or MO1?

Original tyres were MO1 on the fronts & MO on the rears, I am not that fussed if the rears are MO but if the Michelin's are worth the money then that might be a sensible move.

The way I see it you do want something soft on such car. For a funny reason I have some random brand on the rear which are quite tough and don't wear down easily but I spend a lot of time in traction control land. Only reason I say Good year Assymetric is because they are as good but make less noise, wear better and have a better fuel efficiency. Also keep an eye for random reviewers who complain about performance tyres after they fitted them on a fiat.

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

I put Pilot Sport 4's on mine a while back, not long enough to judge how well they will wear but the grip is really impressive and they are not noisy, even as the temps drop they still feel very sure footed.

It's also not doing this any more since I binned the Pirellis it had on it when i got it. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What’s the difference between mo and mo1. I thought mo was and indicator it was a merc approved tyre for fitment to mercs.

How long did your contis last?

MPS4S are the best all round tyre by miles, unless you're opting for winter tyres, they will give an amazing all year grip and surprising wear rate. My opinion of course, but I have had them for over a year and done 10k and still have 5mm left!

Plis1 for Goodyear all round. So much quieter than contis or pzeros. On my 19s at least.

What’s the difference between mo and mo1. I thought mo was and indicator it was a merc approved tyre for fitment to mercs.

How long did your contis last?

MO1 is for AMG, fronts lasted about 8k and the rears 12k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom