Rear tyres shot at 9k - E350 Cdi Conv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
Cars been getting really playful just lately didn't think the rear tyres would be completely worn but at under less than 9k they are on the wear indicators :-(

The cars a 2011 e-class cab 350 Cdi sport running 255/30/19's at the back.

Do I stick with the conti's or go for something else? I think this is the worst milage I have managed on a set of tyres. My BM used to get considerably more out of a set of rears....

J.

:-(
Wow that is quick... u been getting playful behind the wheel?:p

thread on here refers to Michelins from Costco on 30% off till 3rd July, and are supposed to be well liked...:thumb:

I have Conti SC3s on my 211 E280CDI and they are half way along after 15,000 miles and one year. I like them though apparently not so good in the wet.

:-(
Wow that is quick... u been getting playful behind the wheel?:p

thread on here refers to Michelins from Costco on 30% off till 3rd July, and are supposed to be well liked...:thumb:

I have Conti SC3s on my 211 E280CDI and they are half way along after 15,000 miles and one year. I like them though apparently not so good in the wet.

I didn't think so, it's more of a cruiser than a racer...

Interestingly the conti's are supposed to be good wet weather tyres...

J.

Seriously, I am gentle (not burn outs) but love the acceleration. I hear good things about the Cont Sport 5P but availability seems a bit slow, coming into production I think so you might want to consider these. Also they are making them as MO too (Mercedes Originals).

Changed my tyres the other week for a new set of Federal supersteel, total cost £197 for 4 fitted and balanced, the spec was 205 65 R15 94v and as UK regs say they must be fit for purpose I would be very surprised if I don't get my usual 35 - 40k miles from the set even with the occasional tail wagging when in a hurry .......... whatever do you do to only get 9k ???

On my E Class I got 18K off the Conti's changed to Bridgestone RE050's and then got 40K excellent grip also and much quieter.:thumb:

Ouch! That's no good at all!! I've covered 3k miles on the 19" Vredestein's that I'm running and they're like new still and always quite grippy so you may want to consider a set of those? Much smoother and quieter than the Conti's that I had on before that were 18s too.

Ouch! That's no good at all!! I've covered 3k miles on the 19" Vredestein's that I'm running and they're like new still and always quite grippy so you may want to consider a set of those? Much smoother and quieter than the Conti's that I had on before that were 18s too.

Hi Nab,

I have run them on my last 2 beamers and loved them and managed really good mileage from them (about 26K from the rears on boh - and they were both 3.0 sports so had a little bit of power going through them). Plus they were brilliant in the snow.

Alas availability on them at the mo is really poor.

J.

That is appalling mileage! I have just bought an E320 CDi and I will be seriously disappointed if that is to become the norm for tyre wear on it!

Keep off the gas ?

You should be able to get about 16k from a set

Well saying that I've just had mine checked and they are like a pair of slicks on the back and thats only after doing 4,800 miles. Just got a quote on a pair of 5P Conti's at £230 each but cant get hold of them until the middle of July.

Many a year back, I used to get about 6k miles on the fronts for an Accord Type R! Shoulders worn off mainly .. different kinda car though .. encourages .. "spirited" driving in the red zone! ;)

9k is very low. I would say its been driven in a thunderous manner. I have done 30k on ditch finders at the back. Cotnii sport 3s are good tyres but not best wear wise. Try looking at the Khumo range, a lot of Khumo fans here. Also consider good year efficient grips, great long lasting tyre

My Conti 3s on rear are near the mark after 13000 miles and I'm going to change them for Michelin SP3s which I can buy for near the price of the Conti's. Mind you, best price is Kwik Fit and I'm a bit nervous about that (!). I was always advised that Contis give better grip but wear quickly, wheras Michelins are not as good on grip but last longer. Guess you can't have it both ways, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom