Rear-view camera retrofit on a Vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apetrov1x5

Car
2014 Vito 114
Greetings to all!

I have a 2015 Vito (Metris in the US I believe) which does not have parktronics nor camera.

I am planning to add a rear-view camera (I did this in the past to my previous cars - Toyota & BMW), however the problem which I had there was the camera was open to the elements and had to be wiped clean very often.
What I like in the case of MB, its camera will hide under a flap so I would like to add not an aftermarket camera, but a genuine MB camera.

I don't know what else is required in order to make it work with my Audio 15 with Navigation screen which came from the factory, but I assume a electronic modules (Genuine ones = expensive) will be required.
Hence I found some aftermarket solutions for the video input from camera to the Audio 15 screen.

Now my question - how do I open the flap on the genuine MB rear-view camera? Is it a matter of just providing 12V when reverse is activated?

Or, what is a list of parts needed for a full factory retrofit please? Ideally I would like to find a cheapest solution as spent more then i was planning on the car itself...

Many thanks and please go lightly - my first post here.
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom