Rear view mirror mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
I' ve allways wondered if anyone has retro fitted the electric adjustable rear view mirror yet, as I would think that this is a definate mod for the gadget concious.It would be interesting to see how easy it is to do as well as cost,and where & how the parts were sourced ie dealers or breakers yard.
:cool:

Do you mean the auto dimming mirror, or have you seen an electric adjustable one?

ive got an auto dim . You just pull the old one off and plug the new one in.

but , i think ive heard about the electric memory one , but since the W202 hasnt got memories , i didnt think it was avalible for it.

Many years ago I had a test drive of a 500SL that had electric RVM,it was connected to the door mirror switch on the console, you had to turn the knob round 180 degrees to adjust the RVM.I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to fit one of these(on any car really)
PS the car also had eletric adjustable steering colum(cool or what)

Sounds like my brothers S-Class, they have his and hers keys.

So when he unlocks the car the seat mirror's etc all adjust to how he saved the settings.

Like wise when his wifes unlocks the car it recognises her key and set the adjustments to her preferences.

I therfore would say you would need more than just a new mirror.

Originally posted by Paul
Sounds like my brothers S-Class, they have his and hers keys.
When I ordered a new key it came with a selection of tabs, for just that purpose. Of course I was obliged to mod them both for the "his and hers" style, sadly there is currently no "her" :(

Attachments

• newkeys1.jpg
    newkeys1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 207
Hi there, does anyone have the part numbers for a W203 key casing with the three or four buttons? ie with boot release and panic button?

Thanks!

Originally posted by wbessada
Hi there, does anyone have the part numbers for a W203 key casing with the three or four buttons? ie with boot release and panic button?
I think they're USA only, aren't they?

yeah . dunno if they would work on a euro car :confused:

Originally posted by fuzzer
yeah . dunno if they would work on a euro car :confused:
they're coded to work with your EIS, based on the VIN of the car. It's possible the key is basically the same, but when they compare the part number with the VIN it will most likely come up with a mis-match.

Originally posted by Paul

I therfore would say you would need more than just a new mirror.

Just a thought Im not sure about that.I cant remember what spec was on the car but I think if the car didn't have memory then it would be possible to install the RVM with the appropiate switch and wireing??

Thanks!

The 203 key/remote is a little shorter than the 202 too.

Originally posted by VikJ
The 203 key/remote is a little shorter than the 202 too.
The facelift w202 originally came with a w210 key, this was later superceded by the w203 key, they are interchangeable.

So it sounds like it might be doable - I've read on the US forums that the 203's have an electric boot release in the remote but the button is blanked out.

Some were even saying that if you press hard enough on the blank bit (next to the unlock) that you can make your boot pop open - not sure I believe that bit but I am tempted to take the casing off to see if there's anything that looks like a button under there.

So it sounds like it might be doable - I've read on the US forums that the 203's have an electric boot release in the remote but the button is blanked out.

Some were even saying that if you press hard enough on the blank bit (next to the unlock) that you can make your boot pop open - not sure I believe that bit but I am tempted to take the casing off to see if there's anything that looks like a button under there.
Hang on, so the w202 has an electric boot release, but the w203 doesn't? Oh dear!

It does , its just the sports coupe and the estate that don't.

If you think about it , you need to leave shedloads more room for their Arc sweep open.

Ive deffo got the boot release on my button

I've got a Sports Coupe and the csportscoupe.com forum reckons it has got a release but it just pops the boot lock it doesn't open the whole door.

Will investigate further....

On my SL the boot pops up but does not open fully like on the Saloons.

The W211 estate has a motorised tailgate :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom