Rear wash wiper on w124 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelk3289

Car
2007 W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
hi everyone

has anyone every heard of the rear wiper not clearing all of the window in its curve

the car had been left for several weeks, when i got back into it i tried to clear the rear screen only to find that the middle secton of its curve, if you imagine a clock on the rear window, it stops clearing and seems to leave the screen at about 11am and and doesnt clear again until about 2pm

any ideas

thanks

Michael

I think you will find the 'elbow' of the wiper arm is seized and needs lubrication . The arm is pushed 'out' slightly at the zenith of its arc and is not springing back in against the glass lower down .

The rear screen is not flat so the arm does need to spring in and out .

it may also be a little bit bent. mine was (if someone leans on the wiper it will bend it flat too much). careful re-bend may fix it

i have sprayed some wd40 on the blade and the arm, seems to have worked, only a small area at the very tip of the blade and top of screen around 12 oclock position doesnt clear maybe will improve with use

thanks for info all

after several days or rain and a little use the rear wash wiper is back to fully working, good old wd40

thanks for the tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom