Rear wheel arch plastic bit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MEMERC7

Car
SLK 250 AMG Sport 125 Ltd Edition
I admit to being fussy over details & on my SLK there was a visually acceptable moulding attached to the rear wheel arches because I assume bodywork does not 100% enclose the wheels & thus without it car would fail MOT. Sadly it's replaced with just a nasty black plastic tab on my SLC.
Cannot see how to remove it without leaving evidence of its existence (I doubt if an MOT tester would notice it's absence) so considering spraying it body colour.
Would prefer the former of course.
Any advice?

I think you mean the pigs ear, most probably designed to break the airflow and keep the rear of the car cleaner.

Merc 7 can you post a picture of the other side .
P1130742.JPG
Having being prompted to take a photo, on closer examination the appendage has more shape than I realised & the matt black is a visual link with the assortment of real & pseudo plastic grilles scattered around the car. So will leave as it is. The fact that it might be some form of aerodynamic device to minimise to keep the rear bodywork clean as per mud flaps is interesting so thanks for your thoughts..

Yes that is as I thought affectionately known as a pigs ear :rolleyes: I wonder why.:eek:

Hey buddy, not sure if your sorted on this yet.

These are fixed on from the inside of the bumper arch, I had them on my C63, but removed them when I had my arch conversion, it's not a MOT failure they are primarily just to deflect road debris from the bumper. They are available at main dealer, think I paid £25 for a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom