rear wheel clicking noise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhk284

Car
Mercedes C200 1999
Hi All I am wondering has any one come across a clicking noise coming from the rear wheel of the car, I jacked the car up and spun the wheel but no noise so took the wheel off and had a good look aroud but couldn't see any rubbing marks so looked at the bushes and although one or two look abit old with some corrosion on them nothing else. Any help will be very much welcomed.http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/wallbash.gif

Thanks for the help mmm checked for stone but sounds like twisting of cable then release but only does this when driving and under pressure not when jacked up. the Death watch beetle I couldn't find one I did think about the CV Joint I will check that out this weekend.

Hi dhk284. I've had the same thing with my C180. It's been doing it for over two years now, not got any worse, passed two M.O.T's and a mechanics inspection of the back end, so I just ignore it now. I think it's the same noise, clicks when I pull away then fades out. No vibration. No rattling.

I will have a look at that tomorrow have you had this as well or just come across it any way thanks will let you know how I get on.

Rear flange splined hub separating from the halfshaft? If you tighten the nut in the centre of the hub with a BIG torque wrench does it make any difference at all...??

I had a similar problem a few months back, turned out to be something to do with handbrake cables, the handbrake worked fine, but clicking noise used to happen on uneven surfaces, this was covered under warranty for me so don't know too much about cost etc but I would look into that area.

Regards

Ketan

Hi thanks I haven't tried that yet I will give it a go.

Worth checking the flex disc, mine started as a click on pulling away, while on holiday progressed to a loud click and vibration accelerating up hill @ 80mph. 2000 miles later it failed on the autoroute. :doh:

rear wheel clicking

Hi Richard
Thanks for the heads up on the flexie, I had one on my old Jag go on me at the London end of the A12 right on the slip road so I empathise with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom