rear window switches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
I'm not sure if I'm missing something or there is no rear passenger window switches.
I have switches for rear side windows on drivers door switch panel and also in centre console next to the button to lower and raise the cabriolet roof, but no switches in rear panels for windows.

Is this normal because there is a reason for this or am I missing something ?

I had switches in the rear of E class cabriolet but can not find any in the newer C class cabriolet 2017 c250d

TIA
Rom

Cheers for that information so useful !

Maybe MB figured out only small children would fit in the rear seats of a C class cab so decided to save a few Euros by not bothering with fitting window switches. At the same time also giving the driver a better driving experience by him/her not having to shout at the sprogs telling them to messing with the buttons :dk:

Standard quality of response around here ;)

Is there a blank or any obvious place they would go on the rear doorcards?

I know on my CLK they were on the side of the rear seat, not on the door card. But they were not exactly hidden, so I presume you would have seen them if yours was the same?

If there are no blanks in the side cards then what you have is what is normally supplied on that vehicle and that matches with the owners manual C-Class - Interactive Owner's Manual- what answer were you looking for - you have the only C class cabriolet that has been specially manufactured this way? Unlikely.

So we were right then. no switches in the rear, probably so for exactly the (main) reason I mentioned...cost.

Merry Christmas.

During a recent debate with my dealer about a problem with my rear windows, he told me that the newer cabrios do not have rear window switches.
Safety feature apparently. Sounds a bit ridiculous ( other cars seem to manage perfectly with a driver switch to just disable rear window switches), but that's what he told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom