Rearended!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merkaholic

Car
Mercedes CLS 320cdi
Had the car washed this afternoon.......looking nice and clean. Got home Mrs goes we need to go see a dryer.......off we went to currys. Sitting at the lights and next thing i felt a thug......took me a moment to realise that i had just been hit from behind!!!! Luckily my daughter was in her car seat buckled up......(thank god). It felt like the back umper must have come off........got out to check and just a 2 inch scuff.......exchanged details. I drove home and it seems fine. I think bumper needs a touch up/respray.

I think bumper needs a touch up/respray.

Watch out for deformation of the floor under the boot - it may not be obvious externally as the bumper regains its shape.

Watch out for deformation of the floor under the boot - it may not be obvious externally as the bumper regains its shape.
In all honesty i my initial reaction when i got hit was the bumper must be hanging off........when i got out the car i could not find anytjing wrong apart from a 2 inch scratch.........the thought has been running through my mind about the interal parts of the bumper

Ilford!! You'll need to be driving something out of mad max to come out unscathed.
I totally agree with you there, Barkingside is getting as bad as well, you really need 100% concentration and expect the unexpected to happen LOL

By trade i am a london cabbi and there are far worse areas then ilford when it comes to driving and other things.

Doesn't sound like a hard hit otherwise I'd recommend getting it looked at for internal issues.

Happened to my C class. What looked like superficial damage turned out to be damage to the exhaust after Mercedes's parts department had a good look (amongst other things).

get it looked at regardless, 5 mph shunt into the back of mine nearly wrote it off, as the fibreglass sparewheel well behind the bumper cracked away from the floor, they had to replace the whole fibreglass boot floor panel, and the bumper (although that i think was them cranking the price up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom