Rearview Auto Dimming Mirror Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ironnike

Car
C220
Does anyone knows if 2001 W203 are prewired for auto dimming mirror?

Pull down the overhead control panel. The one with the lights in next to the mirror.
On the left hand side at the front there should be some spare empty sockets. That is where the mirror plugs into, at least it is on my 52 plate so there is no reason to think it will be different.
Tony

Pull down the overhead control panel. The one with the lights in next to the mirror.
On the left hand side at the front there should be some spare empty sockets. That is where the mirror plugs into, at least it is on my 52 plate so there is no reason to think it will be different.
Tony

Cheers bud. I'll look in to it in my lunch brake:))

I did try to take the lights dome off but wouldn't come and didn't want to force it. I'm looking on YouTube and can't find any video showing how to take it off

You need to pop the lens out with a fine flat blade (as if you were to change the bulbs) inside you will find a small lever each side of the OCP, push them toward the centre and the module will drop from the roof panel.

Don't know if this will help you. The info is taken from a well known series of workshop manuals, but the instructions are a little vague to my mind. (Maybe it's just me, see what you think).
I've checked the manual for wiring diagrams, but there's no mention of dimming rear view mirror.

Reading through it, I get the impression that the main lense has to be removed to reveal retaining clips.

Click on each image to enlarge and view them on photobucket.

Section 9

Section 5 - as referred to in section 9 above

I see whitenemesis has posted instructions whilst I was uploading to photobucket and his instructions seem to confirm my thoughts. :thumb:

Last edited:
I fitted an automatically dimming mirror to my 2002 c coupe a while back, easy straight plug in the left side socket behind the light dome

dave

Now all I have to do is to find the mirror:)). Found one on ebay for 20£ but the postal cost to ireland is very high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom