Reasons to be cheerful..... Or spreading the love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim203

Every Friday I go to my local and meet my friends. It's the only night I drink . A wise man once said to me,"Tim, if you want to know something go to your local". Yesterday was no different as a conversation developed about EU in or out. One of my younger friends(32) who is a general builder( but should be a philosopher !) said his reason for staying was for one thing only , namely to help spread the worlds wealth to poorer nations. What a beautiful thought.
So now I have a reason to stay in. Let's face it when it comes to brass tacks one needs to stay warm, dry, healthy, have food and water and of course some love. Most of us in this country have all of those privileges.
It is only a thought to reflect on but I considered it worth sharing.
Tim.

Yes most noble, the problem there is, most of the worlds poorer countries leaders, are so hugely corrupt, that most of the money given, never benefits those most in need, instead its spirited away into their own pockets, to furnish their own greed and excess.

A wonderful thread title Tim.

And what a great guy your builder friend sounds. Maybe I should come for a drink in your pub. I stopped going to our local years ago because of the constant moaning from people that have nothing to moan about.

I never take it for granted how fortunate I am and dispite what all the moaners in the UK say it's still a fab place to live.

Reasons to be cheerful? There are plenty.

Enjoy the weekend Tim. :thumb:

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
namely to help spread the worlds wealth to poorer nations.

It occurred to me to mention it in the 'In/Out' thread that was running. I didn't as I didn't want to increase the Leave vote....

Much talk is of countries too corrupt to be permitted to join the EU but no vision as to how to incentivise them to clean up their act.

Much talk about 'fear of change' exhibited by those who wish to Remain. Ignoring totally that an EU that excludes additional membership guarantees a status quo of corruption.

In short, this country and many others are not yet ready to embrace any form of global wealth sharing. If the EU is attempting this surreptitiously it will undoubtedly be punished for it.
Recessions are well known as drivers of right wing ideology. Is it too outlandish to suggest that a move leftward to counter that would be in everyone's long term interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom