Reasons to be cheerful

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

1, 2, 3........

Sounds silly but the inspiration for this thread was a simple few hours. We watched One Love Manchester concert from last year. (Again).

Very emotional in every way. Made me realise how lucky I am. It’s very easy to think about your own woes until you think deeply about others.

It’s what makes us Human.

Reasons to be cheerful; doing something for somebody else.
Reasons not to be cheerful; face reality instead of looking for the next dopamine fix.

I have 4 grand children and they are truly a joy. They have a way of bringing you down to their age. When I collected my 3 year old grand daughter from nursery yesterday she made me run all the way home. To catch my breath I had to invent a little game where we stopped at every line in the pavement to do a "Ready Steady Go" and start off again. "Run granddad run"

Wife's just got her 8th year cancer results back, all clear, 3rd grandson born 6 weeks premature, now at home doing well, decided to fully retire at Easter, and just treated me self to the newer facelift W218 CLS. life is good for me at the moment, lets hope it stays like that :)

Please can I request no more posts to this thread and if possible that admin can delete it & it’s content?

I created this thread without much thought and at 1am this morning requested it was deleted.

Apologies for the inappropriate timing and thread title. There’s no excuses whatsoever.

Sorry to all, especially one VIP moderator & Member.

Ant.

Everytime I see DRUK in the Staff Online Now box. Seriously! :):)

Yes! :)

He's been telling me about NZ Manuka Honey.
If I thought I could get hold of some genuine stuff, I'd have a go at that to treat some ailments I have.

However, Derek said there's a black trade in the stuff and I have also read that 10,000 tons of the product is sold worldwide, including 1.800 tons in the UK, but only 1,700 tons are genuine. PAH!

You need some I'll get some for you Ringway, yes there are a lot of rip offs but I am fairly sure I can get you the real McCoy if I do a bit of research. We have Tee-tree all over our property and there is a whole forest of the stuff just down the road, the branches with their tiny leaves wiped over a wound two times a day will work wonders on most infections and certainly make you heal much quicker, quite scary to see just how fast the body can repair in ideal conditions.
The Australians seem to be very keen on adopting the Manuka name, so there are many alternatives to the genuine stuff and that is before the "blending" takes place.
However, some honeys from The Yemen, and The Oman are also good, if not better, but they taste very strong. Genuine Manuka is the one to have. There is/was a very good honey shop at the Emirates terminal at DXB if anybody is transiting...from memory it isn't too far from the liquor store right at the end of the terminal...

If you can get a photo of the canister of the stuff DRUK uses I'll do my best to get you the same, how would that be...?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom